Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, you mean like Reggie? :hihi:

2. digestron

digestron Founding Member

So if it's true and Auburn has to forfeit their wins then we're undefeated!

1 person likes this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

unlikely.
    it's been years since the NCAA used the term "forfeit".
    now wins are vacated.

the wins would be removed from Auburn's record books, but the other teams records would not change.

edit to add
    example: Bama's official record for 2006 is 0-2 (losses to LSU and Auburn stay, all their wins no longer exist)

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN DAY - :insane::insane:

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Well, on a positive note, this makes it seem even more likely that he will be a one hit wonder. I think he goes pro.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not if there's a lockout next year. But a rookie salary cap is also being discussed, so that may make a lot of underclassmen bolt; even PP.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Ok, so only because I don't agree with what might be sent out as punishment should this be true, but why would AU be punished for something that nothing to do with them. If this happened with MSU's recruiting, but not AU's why is it they get punished? I understand they've been informed about it, but at this time there is no official investigation. If there is no wrong doing on AU's part, even if Cam is ruled ineligible down the road why does AU get punished?

Now of course we may have just found out the real underlying reason that UF let him go.

8. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

Here in Birmingham, AL, this is the only story anyone is talking about. Its huge here right now. I have been listening to sports radio this morning and they have hardly mentioned the LSU-AL game this weekend. I dont think this going away. Im headed for BR in a few hours - :geaux:

9. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

One thing in all of this that piqued my curiosity is that it was mentioned that Newton's dad is a preacher. I remember 4 or 5 years ago when Marcus Tillman in Mississippi was being recruited, right around signing day several Ole Miss boosters made sizable donations to Tillman's stepdad's church and young Tillman reluctantly agreed to go to Oxford.

Not saying this happened with Newton, but I wonder if Newton's dad's church got some generous donations from Auburn boosters in the last year or so ?

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I never listen to the local scrubs during Bama week cause I cant stand their take on Saban/LSU, etc. I have tuned in this morning though and man, what a shark fest. BLOOD is in the water and the gumps are in full attack mode. Its incredible.

Anyway, here are a few tidbits about what I learned last night from a good Aub customer who is very connected.

- this is being investigated by the NCAA and has been known about for almost a year.

- the church money has been debunked. Supposedly the church had the money 2 months before Aub even started recruiting him. There is supposed to be some newspaper article dated 15 months ago showing his church presented plans to the local city council and had the money.

- Auburn knew about this last july and did their own investigation. They are confident Aub is clear and Newton is eligible.

- The guy who made the offer to MSU is currently being investigated by the NFL Players Association for wrongdoing. From all accounts this guy is a scum bag.

Regardless of how this turns out, its not good for Aub and it hurts Newtons Heisman chances. If Aub wins it all it will be tainted unless they are cleared completely and cleared quickly. People are going to assume guilty until proven innocent these days.

1 person likes this.