Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

How about that. 3 Birmingham posters in a row.

I wish Miles would let me give the pre-game talk tomorrow.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2theadvocate.com | Sports | AU says Newton 'eligible' — Baton Rouge, LA

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The rumor is that AU had to pay $200,000 for his LOI.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Round up the usual suspects.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Really, wow. Didn't know that part of the story. If that is the case, goodnite sweetheart gooood niiiite.

6. rbc

rbc Freshman

well cam might have no knowledge of the circumstances but most of the time when a players parent is involved where there is smoke there's fire. it is well documented that his father decided he would go to auburn even though he wanted to go to miss state. from what i read and heard all bond did was notify the miss state ad that he had been solicited with an offer to land cam as a player for state. that he was being shopped around and it cost $200,000.00 to lock him up but because of his ties to dan mullen state could lock him up for $180,000.00. state ad told bond that they would not participate and to drop all intrest in cam. he then notified ncaa about the contact. this was from the bill king show on rivals radio on sirius

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

So, does he get declared ineligible the week of the Iron Bowl? And if he does, does AU forfeit the games he played in? I think the penalized team give up wins, but I don't think the loisn geam gets to remove their losses.

My longwinded question, if declared inelligible, how does it affect the SECW standings?

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It would put us in control of our own destiny, in a way. We take care of business, Beat Bama, and win out. If AU sidelines Cam for fear of what it would do to the rest of their season, Bama beats AU. Now you might have AU and LSU with 1 loss each probably, but AU takes the head to head, and unless a ruling from the NCAA comes before the end of the season, no even possible, that is who will win the SECw.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Penalties if guilty wouldn't likely hit the team this season. But any games he played it would at least be vacated after the fact. Meaning opponents records would remain the same.

If they did put the penalties on somehow during the season, AU would have zero wins in the games Cam played in.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The fact he is still playing and Aub says hes eligible speaks volumes. Anytime there is doubt a school holds out the player.