Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. doinwork

doinwork Freshman

Ha, I'm all about Auburn and will fight for them until the day I die. But being rational is just something that is actually needed by Auburn fans right now in my opinion. I can't sit here and be the ignorant Auburn fan who only listens to what I want to hear, defends Cam and Auburn without an arguement, and dodge stuff that needs to be heard or looked into.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I know Marcus's Mom and stepdad personally. They are honorable people. His dad and I talked frequently during his recruitment. I'm sure you remember that Marcus had verbally commited to LSU. On one of his visits there, his host took him to some apparently "good" parties. Lots of girls and booze. That just isn't Marcus's style. His parents were supposed to have breakfast with the players that Sunday morning. They saw Marcus coming in after an alnighter. Plus they say LSU lied to him. (don't even ask..I don't know what about) Ole Miss continued to recruit him. Coach "O" told him that he thought he could make him an all american if he would just give him the chance. Somehow, lots of kids listen to that man. His stepfather showed me pictures of Marcus and quite a few other recruites in the OM dressing room wearing OM jerseys. He pointed out one of them to me and said that he was probably coming to OM and was going to be real good. That young man was Greg Hardy. As LOI day approached, his stepfather told me that Marcus liked LSU AND OM. About 6:00 am the morning of signing day, his stepfather knocked on my door...and told me that Marcus was going to OM and would be announcing that day. As usual, O screwed him...he was majoring in mech. eng. and there was one class he had to take in his soph. year. Unfortunately, the class was held at the time they had practice. "O" told him that he was a starter and was expected to be at practice. He eventually switched his major. Big mistake IMO.

BTW--------his Mom still drives the same old, beat up, ragged white van with a side window boarded up that she drove years ago....wonder where the money went?:huh:

3. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

OR, Auburn feels that they have their tracks covered sufficiently, to avoid getting caught. That is at least, just as possible as being not guilty of the charge. After all, it's usually only the grossly clumsy who get caught.

Look at Carolina. If the dopes at the So. Beach party keep their mouths shut and stay off of Twitter, would John Blake still have his job?

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Of course its possible. There is just something about this whole situation that seems off. From listening to my BIG MUTHA FUGGIN GUMP BOSS and talking to some Aub customers who are connected it just doesnt add up. I may be completely wrong but I think Aub is probably cleared and some rogue agent with connections to someone with an axe to grind will be the one holding a smoking gun.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

It was all started by Saban he is causing a distraction to give himself an advantage in the Iron Bowl.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

[​IMG]

LSUfreek is a genius. This is comedy gold here. Gold!

1 person likes this.
  7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Thats hilarious. its funny that Urban Meyer is front and center right at the end. I have a feeling he might have a hand in the timing of this.

8. digestron

digestron Founding Member

If that's your significant other's picture then I am shocked, shocked I
    tell you that you have time to post on some silly message board.

9. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

We don't have any Auburn friends. :wink:

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Just a point .... saying that Cecil Newton made the decision for Cam to go to AU is akin to saying that POTUS calls the shots in this country. :wink:
    It's well documented that Cam's brother Cecil, Jr, the former NFL player (Jax), played an instrumental role in influencing the decision to AU.

Behind a veteran O-line at AU, Malzahn's track record of offensive production, and a favorable home schedule ... quite frankly, it's an easy decision if your objective is to play in the League.

Cam was always going to be a one-year player before electing to enter the draft .... and Malzahn is on record as stating that on more than one occasion.