Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You know whats hilarious Caddy, the day before we are playing Bama the only thing my bammer co-workers are talking about is Newton and Aub! I'm usually busy on purpose during Bama week because I cant stand the arrogance of these fools but today, on the day before the game, I'm wearing my LSU colors at the office and 99% of the football conversation and email chatter is about Aub. I heard a total of 2 sentances about our game! The gumpers are eaten up with so much hate towards Aub and the fact you are having some prosperity this year is railing on them worse than anything. They think the college football world revolves around them and cant stand it when Aub is getting attention. They basically sloughed off our game as an after thought. I hate those fuggers more than anybody.

BUCK FAMA. GEAUX TIGERS!

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Totally agree...I had a conversation with my Bama friend yesterday and it was only at the end of the conversation that he talked about the LSU game. All he could say was how he couldn't wait to get to the iron bowl and humble AU.

Those players have to be thinking the same thing. They will come in here assuming a win and are ripe for the upset. Their heads are in the clouds.

This is Saban's worst nightmare...he's taking this game seriously, but isn't sure his team is. I can just see "shorty's" pursed lip, arms crossed post game comments about how he didn't have his team ready.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It could also be that Cam's stepfather insisted that Cam go to Auburn because he wanted Cam to NOT be associated in any way, shape, or form with any alleged offer for his services. Also take into account that at this point in time, Auburn is a bigger stage than Mississippi State.

Be careful of jumping to the conclusion that Newton went to Auburn because of an implied payoff.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

DRC & stevescookin' ..... i suppose if there any solace to the hatchet-job being delivered by the NYT & ESPN, it's that it could provide a small measure of distraction for bama prior to visiting BR.

Still, it irks me to see media in the business of creating the news instead of just reporting it. It's insulting to the average CFB fan.

Good luck today, fellas ....

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Thanks Cadi. I gotta say I am truly hoping this Cam mess is just that, media BS. I would hate to see any team face what would come down on this type of allogation, especially an SEC school.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I hope it works out well for Auburn and Newton but it won't be settled until next year - possibly after the Heisman is handed out, and I don't know if the Heisman committee will want to take a chance on Newton considering what happened to Bush. I hope it works out well for Newton and Auburn, but regardless it could affect his Heisman chances. If he is guilty then he is a complete idiot.

7. Absinths

Absinths Freshman

Cams agent offering 180,000 to to Mississippi State is pretty credible though right? According to ESPN the university and a undisclosed source provided evidence of that.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

evidence seems clear that Rogers asked Mississippi St. for money.

What's not clear is if Cam and his dad were involved.

Rogers sounds like a shady dude, so it's no much of a reach to think that he was trying to scam his alma mater for money to put in his own pocket without ever producing (and maybe not even being able to produce) Newton.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

If Cam had an agent, he would immediately be ineligible to play.

10. Absinths

Absinths Freshman

Well "agent" I don't know what you call him the guy from Chicago representing Cam asked 180k that is almost a fact as of right now.