Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You might want to look up allegation in your dictionary. On the other hand, after reading your posts I doubt if you have one.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

a guy "claiming" to be representing Cam.

at the moment, other than him knowing Rogers, there is no evidence to prove that evidence to prove he was representing him.

it doesn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to think that rogers (who by all reports is a shady dude) did this completely on his own to fatten his own wallet.

of course that also doesn't prove that the Newton's weren't involved in the $ request.

3. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

OK, this might sound a little over the top, but I believe this. ESPN is a business partner of the NCAA. They are not journalists in any sense of the word. They have a huge stake in NCAA football and hoops. And as such, they are just as concerned as the schools and the NCAA are, about keeping the collegiate employees/players in line, in order to control all this money. Which is why they can dole out huge chunks of sanctimony while Butch Davis for example, gets up in a presser and tosses his hired hands under the bus. If there is anything to the Cam Newton story, the same thing will happen. ESPN will try to cover their business partners, and the hell with the kid that tried to get his, if that is actually what Newton did.

OH, and one more thing. You can also bet if this thing happened, that Auburn and ESPN will find a way to protect that head coach.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

sorry cadillacattack, but I hope it all is true and AU gets the hammer slammed down on em' as hard or harder than USC. That is all.