Cam Newton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tlo1507, Apr 20, 2011.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Really, CN hasn't shown me that he has either of those two.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

discipline? work ethic? He worked so hard at school he had to cheat, was so disciplined stole a lap top, and trashed it when the po po's came. dude has been riding his talent his whole life, let's see what happens now that the silver spoon is taken out of his mouth, and he actually has to work, and use what's between his ears.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm not sure how far air will take him in the NFL.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Dude will be crushed in the NFL if he thinks he can run like he did in NCAA. There were always mismatches in college that cam could exploit. In the pros every player was a college star. He won't find the mismatches quite so easly. When he tries to tuck and run he better learn how to slide because the headhunters would love to put his on the wall.

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

I heard that talk of a 55 Million dollar SIGNING bonus is being bandied about. Carolina is out of their minds if they give him anything over 5 million. He'll never learn the playbook, and once the real story comes out and he has to give back the Heisman, and Auburn has to forfeit the 2010-11 season, he'll be woth 5 bucks. Hopefully Carolina has put some good investigators to check out Scam, before Carolina gets SCAMMED.:dis:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if auburn gets busted for paying the dude and he has to give back the heisman it doesnt change what type of player he is or was. it will only hurt endorsements.

but if he wins on the nfl level he will be on the cover of madden 20xx. hell, mike vick is being considered for the next madden cover i believe. winning is all that matters. just like when he was at auburn.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I must admit, the dude is saying the right things. I'll wait to see how it translates onto the field.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Congrats to Carolina, you earned Cam.

9. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

I thought the same thing when he talked about how he 'locks' the criticism of him away in a 'mental chamber' and uses it as motivation in workouts. But I'm not buying it. It sounded too trite. It sounded like he prepared for that answer but then couldn't answer a simple question like naming an Auburn play you have called in the huddle. If it wasn't your responsibility to call plays in the huddle because that's how the Auburn system worked, then say so and agree with Gruden that you'll have to pick up the huddle vernacular.

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, he went right from the draft immediately and got the Carolina playbook just before the lock out was reinstated. Wonder who he'll get to read it to him?