Cameron Newton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 17, 2010.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Rkansas knew he was comin, planned for him knowing he's pretty much all AU has offensively, but he still did what you knew he was going to do. Can the chief do it?

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

The kid is awesome but Arkansas' defense and LSU's defense are two different things entirely.

That said, if Miles continues with to play Jefferson every other series, it's over before it begins.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct on both points (see my 17-0 Auburn thread)

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

He is long and lumbering when he runs. Hopefully, our speed will contain him. I am confident, Chavis, et al, will have an effective gameplan. Someone mentioned on another thread the importance of controlling the ball on offense. As much as everyone wants to see JLee start, when he is in we tend to score quick, so I think they stick with JJ as a starter one more game, like it or not. JLee will still get a majority of the reps, and depending how the game is unwinding, hopefully we are running the ball a lot and controlling the clock.

5. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

Mississippi State held them to 17 points albeit on the road.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

We won't be a top 5 ranked defense after this game, according to the stats, but if we win, I'll still be happy.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Theoretically, a team as one-dimensional as Auburn can be stopped. If one guy is the whole offense, then key on that guy seriously and make them beat you with someone else.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Arkansas' defensive talent is lacking and the scheme they used against AU was pretty pedestrian. It didn't even look like they played Auburn any differently than they played Bama. They also looked pretty slow.

I don't see any similarities to LSU's defense...

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

How good would Auburn be without this guy? Probably lose to eUSC and R-kansas.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Add Kentucky to that list. I was floored how one guy could be ALL of the offense for a team. We are going to have to go after him relentlessly. Hopefully, we'll be successful more often than not.

Of course, we will have to move the ball. Our running game will be very important.