Cameron Newton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 17, 2010.

1. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

:insane:Are you flat out retarded? JL puts balanced drives together. You rather JJ's 3, and outs, 4 yd games?:insane::eek:ldskule::eek:ldskule:

for Paradiseinc

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

IMO, the key to shutting Newton down is our D line. They cannot over run the backfield. They have to collapse on him. The biggest strength we have is pressure from the middle. We are also good at attacking from the corners.

Newton will break a few 10 yard runs, but not 30-40 yard gashes like he did vs. Ark, we are much more sound.

I expect Aub to have less than 300 yards......

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Arkansas also had the SEC's 10th best rushing defense entering the game. LSU has the SEC's top rushing D.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's not just defensive talent, it's defensive scheme. LSU has the best defense in the SEC for multiple reasons, and coaching is way high on that list.

I think Newton is a Tebowesque threat. LSU defenses have shut Tebow down before.

Newton can be dealt with. He'll get his yards - they'll probably get above average production. But they won't rape LSU's defense.

The real question is - can LSU's offense even show up. If they do, Newton can't beat LSU by himself - won't happen.

If they don't, Newton will get too many plays and too much time of possession, and that's when things will get ugly.

LSU's offense is the key to beating Cam Newton (there goes my key matchup article....) :lol:

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Did you see the size of the razorbacks. A couple of well fed D-backs playing LB. D-lineman look light in the britches and getting pushed around all season. Containing the fig was just a wish.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Play him like our opponents play Jefferson. Stack the line and dare him to pass. Our defensive backs are very good and so is our pass rush. Take away his running threat and Newton is just another average division I passer.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Absolutely. The key to winning is keeping Newton on the sideline. That will require sustained drives by our offense.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Try to be civil, will you.

9. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

:eek:ldskule:You say this to everyone, right?:eek:ldskule:

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

The thing I noticed is that Newton had a lot of time to let a hole develop in the middle before he would run. The D line was not making separation from the blockers, and that allowed the window of opportunity to open up. When Arky got penetration, they held him to a minimum or loss.

OH .. and TACKLE!! You're not going to win a collsion fight with this guy, and arm tackles aint going to cut it either.