Cameron Newton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 17, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The only defense i have ever seen that is worse than Arkansas' defense, is Auburn's. That D was pathetic. I know that Tyler Wilson kid was a pretty good qb, but seriously? Auburn got hella lucky with the calls going their way. That's 14 points handed to Auburn by officials.

Also, Auburn did about 90% of their damage with 2 plays. One was the designed quarterback runs where Newton would take the snap delay and then find the holes, and Auburn's offensive line absolutely dominated Arkansas' D Line, and Linebackers. It was brutal. That isn't going to happen against LSU. The other play was when they brought a man in motion from the left and Newton either handed the ball to the motion guy, kept it himself and ran, or used it as a play action. That's it.

I really like our chances against Newton and Auburn, because of our Defense. Their Defense is the most pathetic thing i have ever witnessed, well, other than Jordan Jefferson this season.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

aweeeee, how sweet you are gone.:)

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You think Florida fans throw up every time they see a Cam Newton highlight?

Out of all the bullcrap that Meyer has allowed to go on at the university, a seemingly innocent violation of a presumed stolen laptop which the kid just panicked and threw out a window, got him kicked off the team, while others are threatening to kill their girlfriends in text messages and are still on the team.

Urban Meyer can't even get it right when to "have the appearance of doing the right thing". You picked the wrong player to set an example with. Your team would be consensus #1 in the nation right now and probably a perfect 14-0 NC season very much in the works.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Perfect example of Karma.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Stacey said it...

Keep Newton on the sidelines and he can't beat us. LSU needs to establish the run game, but will need the pass to do it. IOW, we need to hope AU doesn't get it going early, because LSU won't get it going until Lee gets in and establishes the pass. The run will then follow. If we're down early, throw all this out the window.

That said, I think LSUs D can stop Newton. (At least contain him) I don't see him getting over 100 on LSUs D. A heavy dose of 92 and 11...but watch the chop blocks. :angryfire

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

FWIW, Newton was never kicked off. He transferred during spring practice the following semester because he didn't want to wait behind Tebow anymore.

Don't give Urban that much credit.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

True. I had to exlain this to my nephew...lifelong UF fan...the other day. We were watching the AU game, and he said the same thing about CUM kicking him off the team. I told him he left when Tebow announced he was returning for his SR season.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Which doesn't make sense to me, unless he thought playing in a JUCO for a year was better than waiting it out at Florida. Either way, this was the soonest he was going to be a starter in Division 1.

9. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Yes, Yes, Yes. Ar:Kansas defense does not compare with The Tigers, withe personnel, coaching or scheme. Chief has seen it before.:thumb:

10. Jester

Jester Founding Member

THAT'S IT............right there. There's no denying that our D is top notch, but there have still been WAY too many instances this season of D-Linemen or Blitzers sprinting upfield without containing their lanes..........and Ends and LB/SS not keeping outside contain. Just beating their O-Line up front is not enough. We can pancake their O-Line all day long, but if our guys aren't playing smart, covering their lanes, keeping their eyes open, and putting their helmet on the numbers.........Newton is smart and talented enough to make for a difficult day. Arm tackles are not gonna be enough to tackle a guy with this combinations of size and quickness.

I really hope that the coaches are pounding that into their head this week........"Put your helmet across the body on the numbers. If you try to attack the head or the hips, you lose, but the numbers always go with him.......you aren't going to knock him down, WRAP UP!!! And if you can't get a clean tackle, grab onto something, hold on for dear life, and we better be FLYING to the ball for 11 man gang tackles."