Camping

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Oct 24, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hitting the woods tomorrow. Some owners of a local business have some land they lease out as a hunting club and want me to cook turtle for the family and some of the club members tomorrow evening.

Really excited about it cause the weather is perfect. Going to sleep at the camp and hunt squirrels Sat morning. Most of them will be deer hunting and sure we'll have some to skin after they get back. They kill pretty many deer and hogs.

The camp is primitive but WAY better than a tent and not as unstable as a camper. It is on ground but carpeted- if that makes sense. It got sheets of tin around the side and not even sure what the roof is. Has a wood burning stove/heaters inside but they never cook on it and only use it for heat. They cook under a pavillion outside.

He also has a generator and some huge battries so there is light. Also has a rain water system and a well he can run off the generator to fill tanks. It's really as nice as can be for not "having elecricity". red's Clampett-ass would like this shyt. May even be nicer than what he lives in.

Going to cook on my quatré pod over a fire so heading out around 10:00 a.m. to get a fire going so I can start cooking on some blezzzes early afternoon. It takes me at least 3 hours. An hour and a half of so to brown it then another hour and a half of so to cook it till you can suck the meat off the bone. Some of the meat is that soft shell I caught in early summer. Anxious to try it and see how much better it really is, if at all.

Got a case of Ultra lite, some bloody mary mix and two fifths of Vodka. I won't nearly drink that much but everytime I show up somewhere drinking BM's people ask me for one so I'm bringing extra.

Will try to take pics of the place if anyone really gives a shyt. You guys hold down the fort- I'll be gone for a few.

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I give a sh.t and want to know what a "quatre" is and "blezzzes" are, pics would be cool :)

3. LSUTiga

"Blezzes" are the coals of a fire. "Quartre" is 4 in French, it's a 4 legged structure to put over the fire to put the pot on. I have one I made years ago that I use. Will try to get pic. It's long, I can move the pot off of the fire if necessary.

I took one picture of the camp. The floor is actually cement blocks stacked tightly. I didn't realize that cause the carpet was over it last time. It's in sections, and this time it was pulled up/rolled up. He told me it started out as a shed then they got wet one time while using it (not sleeping- just a get-together- so they closed in one side. One thing led to another.

I was wrong about the outside too, it's wood. He tears down barns, etc. for the wood. He's at least in his 60's , maybe early 70's, but still works like a mule. The top actually has insulated board on the inside. Also has gas and a stove, in addition to the two wood burning stoves. We had coffee this morning at 5. A bunch of bunk beds. I slept in a sleeping bag and was neither hot nor cold. We had no heat, it was just a perfect night to camp.

They all went deer hunting but I made a quick round through the woods and got 4 fox squirrels. One of them killed a doe. We also caught two coons and a opposum in traps. They're a nuissance to deer hunters (eat their corn). I brought five foot traps to show them. The designe of this type of traps are relatively new. They were sold.
    [​IMG]

tigerchick46 likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That would have been a good one for the 'What is it' thread.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Anyone who ever read "Where the Red Fern Grows" should have known what it was. Pretty ingenious way to catch curious critters.

6. LSUTiga

I thought that design has only been around a few years.

7. LSUTiga

First one shows some blezzes. Second one show a quatre pod, kinda. Not the four legs but the "grill" part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tigerchick46 likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

Teach me sumpin now; like, how to make a woman squirt.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Nice looking vittles...

In the book the kid uses a wiggle stick to drill a hole in a log. At the bottom of a hole he drops some bits of shiny metal. Then he drives staples into the hole from an angle. The result is pretty much the same. Curious critters are too stupid to let go of the debris in the middle to get themselves loose. Now the traps spring loose and trap the animal.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I don't know my way around goats :)