Camping

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGradin99, May 13, 2005.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This weekend's trip, Tickfaw State Park:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Man, these pictures makes me want to pack up and go. It's beautiful there! Thanks for the info.

4. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Nice pictures 99. There's nothing like the peace and quiet in the woods. It's a shame more people don't go. I can't believe you still use a tent, most people are into luxury these days. Give me a camp fire, a grill, and an ice chest of cold beer and I'm a happy camper!...no pun inteded!

5. LSUGradin99

We enjoy the colder weather too because it's more fun, even at night. Nothing like huddling around a campfire and having the great conversations that accompany it.

You can have luxury without a rv or travel trailer camper. Not very much hassle to tent camping either. There are so many things you can buy nowadays that make it more fun and easy going.

Really enjoying going this year. Have had my parents along for each trip and that's been a whole lot of fun for us. I really liked this place because many of the tent camping areas were literally in the swamp. A few were a bit flooded due to friday's rain.

Oh, another thing that is fun... You can hear every little noise in a tent at night. There was a pretty good bit of activity and noise outside the tent last night. I admit, even I got scared. When I stepped out there were racoons all over our campsite. One was in the pots and at least a couple others were rattling the trash sack, which was tied up hanging off the ground. :D

Here is a better view behind the tent:

6. LSUGradin99

That place does look nice and we wanted to give it a try. However, the primitive/tent camping sites are still closed from Katrina. :/

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Hey 99 -

It was great to see the word "Tickfaw" posted here.

I never went to that park but as a kid I swam in the Tickfaw way north of the park just east of Greensburg (where my maw-maw lived) where the river goes under La. Hwy 10. That was a cold river even in the dog days of summer - we would put a watermelon in the river and get it out after an hour or two and it would be ice-cold.

I went there the last few times back and the ol' swimmin' hole is long gone :bncry:

Sounds like y'all had a great time. :thumb:

I might try to check that place out the next time I come back.

Have you considered going to Tunica Falls yet?

8. LSUGradin99

Tickfaw State Park had taken a lot of damage during Katrina. It just opened back up on February 2nd. None of us had ever been there, but saw the sign on the way home from Ms. last weekend. Funny how ya start noticing state park signs that you've never paid any attention to over the years. There were some great nature trails there too. Too bad my out of shape arse was getting left behind by my parents and girlfriend. :hihi:

As for Tunica Falls, I did try to find camping areas there but did not have any luck. Perhaps you can help?

We're going for a couple nights this coming weekend to South Toledo Bend State Park. Looking forward to it!

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I don't think that there are any *official* camping areas there...

...ya just gotta kinda "rough it"...

One place in La that I wanted to go to but haven't made it yet...

Hope ya have fun!

Looking forward to more pics!:thumb:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's what I use: