Camping

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGradin99, May 13, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I still use a tent most of the time. Its more versatile and you can get away from the parking lot when you need to. But some of the ladies have gotten to be real candy asses as time has marched on. So I share a pop-up camper with an old chum of mine and take it when a companion is just not much of a woodswoman.

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

99 those are some great pictures! I envy you guys. I really miss going. Let me know how you like the Toledo Bend Area....going there and Pineville, you aren't far from my neck of the woods! And I love seeing your pics, I bet you have a great photo albumn.

SabanFan...that has to be a great looking tent if I ever saw one. Just get out, get in, and drive off! ;)

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

This thread got me wanting to go. Not a big camping guy but the wife and I started looking at tents. She was wondering what gave me the wild hair and it was you guys. I'm ready to go out there. We're going to Percy Q in a couple weeks......once it looks like rain is out of the forcast on a Sat.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

We came home early from Toledo Bend. The cold weather is ok, but the constant gusting winds we had were relentless. Firewood would burn rapidly with the wind steadily fueling the fire. Kept one going throughout the day/night and put the tent downwind.. Was nice and toasty inside.

Then it poured down raining all night long. Talk about some fun (for me) hearing the tent get tossed about while we all slept. Well I slept, everyone else was mostly awake - apparently... because they told me that in the morning.

Temperatures *dropped* as the day progressed and the wind never let up. Oh, and it was too cold to take photos. Loved the area though, will go back soon.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

If you have not bought your tent yet, some advice. Make sure you do now get one that uses the flimsy flexible poles. My old one had those... Makes it TOO fun sometimes when it is windy. :grin: :thumb:

Oh, and Percy Quin.. We'll go there anytime. Such a quick drive from BR and a nice place in general.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

For a change of pace some time, check out this place. It's a little pricey, but with 2 couples it's worth the expense for a great 3 day weekend. Generator, fuel, boat and motor are all provided.

http://www.houseboat-adventures.com/

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Those are some really slammin' houseboats. I like that big boat that sleeps 10 folks. When I find 9 loose women who want to go with me, I'm there. Wait, make that 8 loose women and a paramedic. :hihi:

8. SabanFan

I have one of those big boats rented for the week after Easter. "Sleeps 10" is misleading. It has 2 bunk beds with double mattresses that sleep 4 couples and a futon that sleeps 2, but I wouldn't rent it for 10 men.

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

They look really nice. Prices seem reasonable to me. I may give it a try, one of the smaller ones anyway.

10. SabanFan

One of the smaller ones has a bedroom at the rear with a queen sized bed and a sliding glass door that provides a nice view of the swamp. That's the one I'd get if it was just me and the wife and/or mistress.:wink: