Can’t believe he said this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Nov 26, 2017.

1. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

LSU coach Ed Orgeron expects Canada to pursue potential head coaching vacancies and he “hopes” his assistant lands a head gig this cycle, he said after the Tigers’ 45-21 win over Texas A&M on Saturday night.

WTF Eaux? I understand you wanting the best for someone but damn, it sounds like you’re pushing him out. This is bad. This offensive has shown more creativity this year than the previous dozen. Bad feeling about this.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did he really say that? He is a fucking numbskull if he did.

HalloweenRun and islstl like this.
  3. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Yeah he really said it and this one:
    "Everybody wants to be a head coach," coach Ed Orgeron said Saturday after the 45-21 victory against Texas A&M capped his first full regular season as head coach. "I hope he gets an opportunity to get it."

He goes a step further and says there are other schools out there with good offensive coordinators that he can pursue and also promoting Ensminger would not be out of the question. I’ve been an Eaux supporter this year and want to see him succeed but he’s a fucking dumbass if all this pans out.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What bothers me are the rumors early in the season about these 2 bumping heads. These comments sound to me like pushing Canada out but trying to look like that's not what he is doing. Don't like it. Especially when he tried to basically recruit Guice post game, and the things he has always said about Aranda.

Bayou Tiger and fanatic like this.
  5. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

Or maybe Canda has already been contacted and accepted with an announcement pending and Coach O is just putting feelers out.

didit, Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

This is O reverting back to some of his old tendencies, which many were afraid of with this hire. He needs to move on before he causes Aranda to exit as well. If he handles his assistants badly it will be hard to keep the good ones. Coaches with great X & O minds can get away with it, but O needs those guys if he hopes to succeed. I hope it was just a slip of the tongue and there was no meaning behind it. He did a great job this year, even better than most thought after the stumbling early on. Stay out of the way and let those guys work, you’re not smart enough to micro manage!

fanatic likes this.
  7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Wait a minute, before we jump off the building here, I think it is important to understand the context in which this was said. I doubt that Eaux just blurted this out, it had to be in response to a question, it would be important to know what the question was and how it was asked.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If Canada goes early expect a profound affect on recruits...

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'll go back to why the fuck we signed Orgeron to that ludicrous contract and even more ludicrous buyout.

The recruiting is down and I'm not convinced we can recover in time to get a top 10 class this year. That's greatly problematic down the road. We currently have the worst average player ranking since 2002. Need to pick up some big time recruits with these last 5 to 7 slots.

Now a carousel of offensive coordinators? Yikes.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

This is what I’m thinking @65Grad, no need to hang him until we know the whole story.