Can anybody tell what are linebacker core is gonna be like next year?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gladishh95, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I believe we will see lots of Nickle packages in. The tyranasaurs is too good to be on the sideline. This should be our base defense or atleast be on the field as often as possible. When tyrann is in the game we get more turnovers. Let the kid be a roving monster and give him the freedom to play to the ball. He is our next all American superstar 1st rounder. The defense is better with him on the field and nickleback gives him the freedom to make big game changing plays

2. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

I think I would be more worried about the depth than who is starting. I mean who is going to play MLB should minter come out on those few plays.

3. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

[
    Maclin & Mingo will stick with DE.[/QUOTE]

Mingo looked really good at DE. He gets to the QB fast and should have a good career at LSU at that position. But Maclin may get lost among all the talent we already have at DE. He may be able to contribute sooner at LB if he can play the position. I know Rasco isn't going to get moved to LB, but he is perfect size for a big LB and seems to have the speed and hips for it. I wish he or Maclin would get a look at LB.
    Baker is more than solid. I'm hoping Francois really steps up his game or someone beats him out this season. He looked lost a good bit of the time and doesn't bring much pop. Maybe it was just due to being new to the position. We had some good young talent at LB on the bench that should be ready to play this coming season. I hope and expect one or two of them to step up in a big way and make an impact at LB this season.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think of Mingo & Maclin as basically the same - big, tall LB's that don't really fit Chavis' LB scheme, so we moved them to be light, fast DE's.

I thought Mingo did better than expectations given his size and the fact that he was much more than the situational DE we all thought he'd have to be this past season.

Rasco is sort of similar, except he's got the muscle and power already that the other two need to develop before becoming every down DE's.

Another Safety will move to LB, and unless Francois really steps it up - he'll get passed up on the depth chart.

I didn't see much young talent last year. I saw some solid guys, but nobody really exceptional.

5. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

I still have hopes that at least one from the group that includes Tahj jOnes, Minter, Josh Johns, Welter, Luke Muncie, and Lamin Barrow can become more than just solid type players

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

The Chief is a master of LB evaluation and development. The position is becoming more talented and capable than I've seen at LSU in a long while. It's no secret that LB was the weak link in the LSU defense. That was the biggest reason I liked the hire of Chavis. I'm not worried.