Can Chavis Coach Defense Or Just Great Players on Defense?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Nov 9, 2013.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Tonight we find out............if he plays soft, we get slaughtered.

LSUpride123 and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This X1000

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Blitz like hell!

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Rewatching the '12 game, we went prevent on the final drive til the last play when we blitzed. Any time you play 10+ yards I call it prevent. So relax, xbox nerds.

Anyhow, I still don't grasp why we give them everything underneath when they only need a fg.

2 passes and they were in fg range. Gayj was 1/7 for -1 yards prior to that drive in the second half.

Yet they won and we were forced to see him weep.

islstl likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It helps when you have great players. But LSU needs to pin it's ears back and get after that fucker. And if they don't I wanna at least see our corners mug their receivers at the line.

Can't miss tackles either.

Maybe Loston will fly in on the first play and get tossed when he smashes AJ in the head. Win win.

LSUTyga73 likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

In the profession he's known as a great defensive coach. I haven't had any coach tell me anything but that. It's two fold, helps to have great players, LSU has weathered the perfect storm this year, still some football left to play.

islstl and TigerTap like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He's having an off year however.

islstl likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, while you can give him a pass with all the inexperience coming in, he has not done a great job. 50/50 blame between coaches and players, and the DB coach is a very questionable hire, I think Cooper leaving was obviously a big deal

We should rehire Cooper this offseason. USF is nobody. Something tells me Les won't make the move until forced to.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Eric Reid had an off year(according to some), but still went in the 1st round.
    The two freshmen CB's are playing good ball. LSU lost a ton from last year, Chief can't do things he likes to do this year. Ever game someone has played a good game, just not everyone at the same time, in the same game.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I was one of the guys who said Eric Reid had an off year, which I still think he did, but maybe he just had to be the anchor which means more pressure. He didn't have Mo, he didn't have Badger, he didn't have Brooks, or Taylor back there either. I just think that he missed a lot of tackles and whiffed on a few that went for touchdowns. In coverage he was solid as ever, but I remember at least 6 touchdowns he could have saved that he didn't.

But that doesn't mean he isn't still a bad ass, and that doesn't mean I wouldn't personally drive to Craig Loston's house right now and kick him in the knee if Eric Reid said he wanted to come back. I'd greet him with open arms like Steve Perry.

LSUDad likes this.