Can Georgia beat Auburn? It means everything.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Now that the Tigers have knocked off #5 Alabama, and Texas A&M beat #8 OU as well, another member posted in another thread that LSU has a chance to be #5 in the BCS standings this week. If that were the case, I have to think we have a serious, albeit outside, chance to sneak into the big dance.

In order to do that, we have to win the SEC championship. And obviously we don't control our fate in getting to that game. Georgia does.

Because Auburn beat us head to head, we need them to lose their two remaining games, to Georgia and Alabama, respectively, or we can forget about going back to Atlanta at the end of the season and making a case for why we should be in the big game.

I've been so busy this season I've only seen LSU and Saints games, so I don't know how these two teams stack up, having never watched either... except for when Auburn beat us a few weeks back. So I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. Can Georgia beat Auburn, in Auburn, next week?

1 person likes this.
  2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I say we worry about ulm

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I've watched a few Auburn games. I considered them fairly beatable early on. They have improved each week going forward. uga has not had a good year. The chances of uga beating Auburn at Auburn is fairly slim.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Georgia has an offense that should give Auburn lots of trouble.

Is it enough trouble to keep up with the immense amount of scoring Auburn will do?

Not sure.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Yeah...also slim chance LSU will beat Alabama in Tiger Stadium...

Oh wait...:geauxtige

It's why we play the game.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

IF barner loses....it will be to Bammer....but that is very much up in the air at this point. I think bammer wins it and throws a wrench into the BCS talks

7. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

I say let the coaches and players worry about ULM. In fact, let's insist they do. There's obviously no way we can make it if we lose either one of our two remaining games.

In the meantime, while the team practices for ULM, I say we fans should enjoy what's happening, soak up the excitement, and consider/discuss all the possible scenarios.

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khauvdb_f8A]YouTube - Motivational speech from the film 'Little Giants'[/ame]

9. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Well from the first few posts in this thread, I'm not getting too good of a feeling about Georgia winning.

Maybe we just have to hope that the allegations will have him rattled against the Bulldogs, even though the mighty Chattanooga Mocs couldn't exploit this possible chink in Newton's armor.

10. shere khan

shere khan Founding Member

If LSU moves up to #5 this week. Can't LSU squeek in without having to play in the SECC.

1. Auburn loses to Georgia and/or Bama. This would move LSU up to #4 at least
    2. Auburn loses to Florida/USCe in SECC (if they get there)
    3. LSU would have 1 loss if they win out of course
    4. They would steadily gain momentum each week (especially if we can take care of a ranked (15-10) Ark. team with Malet)
    5. LSU would have no disadvantage to the teams that don't have a conf. champ. game. If anything our conf. games would help us more than theirs.

:shock::insane::shock::insane: