Can Georgia beat Auburn? It means everything.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Nov 6, 2010.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Well let's see UGA is in the SEC East and right now ( to put things in perspective) Miss ST. would probably be in the lead or tied for first IF they were in the SEC East. :shock:

does that clear it up any? :insane:

IF UGA plays anything less than MUCH better than they have thus far........ and Auburn brings their "A" game and healthy, the plainsmen are going to beat the Dawgs like a screen door in a Hurricane.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i realize Miss. St. ain't world beaters, but they ain't as bad as they have been

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

true...

never the less..

like a screen door.

but I'll still pull for the Dawgs...:geauxtige

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Can it happen? Yeah, sure. Bigger upsets have happened.

Will it? Let me put it this way, I wouldn't wager heavy on it. I really think the air went out of UGA's balloon after losing the Desperation Bowl in Jacksonville. I'm not sure how motivated they are to still play hard, and I certainly think their psyche is fragile to the point that if they get down by two or three scores, they fold. I think their defense is better than Ole Miss, but not as good as us, but their offense just isn't capable of going score for score with Auburn or controlling the game with running and possession (Nick Fairley).

The Alabama team that I just saw is not good enough to beat Auburn. Fairley will rip up the guts of their offense, and if Bama can't shut down Jordan frickin' Jefferson, who knows what Cam Newton will do to them.

I just don't see Auburn fallin' unless something explosive comes out of this NCAA inquiry on Cam Newton.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Honestly, I think no matter what if we win out we are in a BCS bowl. Perhaps it might be better to not have an SECCG to play, because if we were to lose it might cost us a BCS spot. It's kinda a Pat Dye way to think about it, but it might be a better way to get to the BCS. Of course, it's out of LSU's hands.

6. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

Im predicting the sugar bowl against TCU

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I wonder how bad Richardson is hurt???:geaux:

8. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I'm not puttin the cart before the horse. ULM first. One at a time fellas!

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Just my dos centavos .... but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Cam is angry and the team has never been more focused. They now have a chip on thier shoulder where there was none before. I wouldn't want to be Georgia ...... lay the points and take the home team in this one.

[​IMG]

"All we do is win, win, win, no matter what!
    Got RINGS on our mind, we can never get enough!
    When our Tigers step up in the building
    Everybody's hands go UP!
    And they stay there, and they stay there, and they stay there (up, down, up, down, up, down)
    Cause all we do is win, win, win..."

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, this is most likely for sure.

So, if AUB beats UGA, but then loses to ALA, and LSU wins out, AUB still ends up in the SEC CG even though they would be rated behind LSU in the BCS (b/c they beat us head to head), right? If that happens, and they win a close game in the SEC CG, do they then jump back ahead of LSU? I guess they do, but just want to pose these questions to help me understand better. I think it is conceivable that AUB could lose to ALA convincingly, then go into the SEC CG rated in the 6-10 range w/LSU rated 3-4 at that point. If they win, they may not jump us, and perhaps we end up 2-3? That would be messed up for AUB for sure, since they beat us head to head, and would have won the SEC CG in that scenario.