Can Georgia beat Auburn? It means everything.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Nov 6, 2010.

1. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

Ditto. One game at a time. Only thing you can control.

GREAT WIN LAST NITE! :geauxtige

2. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

ANY GIVEN DAY........NOT PROBABLE BUT POSSIBLE.

3. cywar1

cywar1 BIGG DOGG

I really would like to see AUBURN finish the season undefeated .. this is bigger than any one school in the conference...this is about keeping the HEISMAN and the CRYSTAL BALL in the SEC.....

4. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I think Auburn will beat Georgia, while hoping that Georgia beats Auburn. :)

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

no

this is about LSU and we need the Dogs to play like crazy and beat Auburn!!

then Bama wins on Friday and we win on Sat

it really is that easy

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I personally hope they lose out, and LSU wins out. Call me crazy, but I actually prefer LSU over other teams. Guess I'm the weird one? :confused:

7. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Strangely, I agree with you! :wave:

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if the top 3 stays like it is, TCU is going to the Rose Bowl.

not sure the exact wording, but the way the rotation works, this year is the Rose Bowl's turn to take the highest ranked non-AQ team (if they lose the Pac-10 champ to the NC game).

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

1) the SEC CG is not going to add much to whoever wins it. SC is a 3 loss team, and they lead the division.

2) If AU loses to Bama, they themselves could be bumped, and the NC would be between Oregon and TCU or Boisy State. I know I know .. the strength of sched is a factor, but the human factor is as well.

3) If AU loses to GA and Bama, there will not be an SEC team in the NC game. It will be Oregon and TCU. ... back to that human thing again.

The only 1 loss team that was even in consideration was Bama, because they are media darlings. Had they beat AU and gone to the SEC CG, the human factor would have played on their side and they would have been ranked #2.

LSU doesn't enjoy such spoiled behavior. ... in fact, the talking heads HATE LSU. The politics of it all would ensure that LSU did not make it to the dance. If AU somehow loses to GA and Bama, and LSU goes to the SEC CG, LSU will be ranked #3, and likely play Boisy or TCU, which ever doesn't play in the NC against Oregon.

Yeah .. its sucks .. but that is reality.

:geaux:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You just never know boys and girls. Newton could get injured, anything can happen. And I am not saying I hope Newton gets injured, because I don't, but if you remember 07, Dennis Dixon went down with an injury late in the year for Oregon and Oregon was in position to play for the marbles as a 1 loss team. Either the next week or the one after, Pat White gets injured in the Pitt game and they end up losing, which catapult us up to number 2. LSU just needs to take care of what they can take care of and not worry about Auburn, or anyone else. Worry about, what you control, the rest, screw it, we will see what happens.