Can Guice play wide receiver?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I ask because I think this team sorely lacks a Josh Reed, Early Doucet type who can take a short pass and turn those into big gains. We've got size and speed, but do we have elusiveness? What with Etling's long passing a bit questionable so far, and our new reliance on short tosses, I'd sure like to see us break a few of those.

If you recall, Josh Reed was a converted running back.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would think so. If only as a decoy, he would still be effective, pulling LBs out the box to allow Fournette to dominate.

Creativity to this offense will be paramount against Bama, if we are to be successful.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think he could, but it really wouldn't be fair to Guice, unless you're just doing it for this season. He's the next man up when LF7 leaves early. Reed was never going to get a shot at the position. btw, other RB's LSU successfully converted to receiver include Eric Martin, Devery Henderson and Tony Moss.

TheRealist and BayouBengal014 like this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LF does pretty good slipping out of the backfield on the wheel route.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think there is plenty of talent on this team that can catch a short pass and take it to the house, including Guice coming out of the backfield or spread out wide. You have to remember that catching passes is something new to this team, their first attempt in years at establishing a real passing offense was just a few weeks ago.

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Sad but true. :)

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

TwistedTiger stopped me in my tracks when I read his comment cause it hit home so true.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Ah, Josh Reed, probably my second all time favorite Tiger behind only Wendell Davis. I think Guice could be used in the slot or out wide but he would be very limited in his routes. He has good hands but I'd like to see he and Fournette in the game a bit more, if not for anything than as a decoy as mentioned.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

No one is a decoy when LF7 is in. They will chase him no matter what. Hopefully this unshackled offense will scheme for it.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You think if Trey Quinn would have known Les was gonna get fired in so many games he would have stayed? Be nice to have him in the slot right about now.

Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.