Can LSU compete with UGA...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 13, 2003.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

i posted this elsewhere; just making sure it gets read

i've got an issue with this guy pollack. well, not with him so much as with the damn media. this guy has got to be the most overhyped sec player i can remember. he made national highlights in their SC game last year and somehow that one play made him a god or something. watching the uga game today, the announcers were kissing his butt all day and he didn't even make a play. they'd say "he didn't make the play but that tackle was made possible by pollack" "this guy has such a motor". they probably said "motor" 50 times. i kept waiting for him to do something impressive. i mean really you make one big play to win one game and you wear a cool number and you are an all-american. do you really think this guy's better than spears? doubtful.

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Pollack Has his reputation for a good reason. He is a damn good player. He is the best player on the Georgia D. We better block him or Mauck be running for his life all game.

3. ArkansasTiger

ArkansasTiger Founding Member

Saban will have the Tigers ready for UGA next week.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Are you kidding me or have you not watched UGA games for the last 2 years? That man has had more to do with UGA's defensive success the last 2 years then anyone else. You think 1 play wins your overall SEC Player Of The Year Honors?

5. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

If anything the slow start and mistakes will motivate the team more for next weeks game than if we blew WIU up for 60 points. Remember one week before we beat Florida in 97 we escaped losing to Vandy 7-6, and that UAB game was one week before we knock off Tennesee when they were highly ranked in 2000. I think we will learn for our mistakes and be sky high for the game.

Clayton and Hunt both have minor injurues acording to Saban.

6. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Two things, Pollack is an awsome player and never ever stops...It
    looks as if the guy just never gets tired and believe me teams prepare for him with double teams and the guy still makes plays. Respect for his playing abiltity is a must. Respect must also go to the QB David Greene, I watched the game yesterday and he is the best passer in the game today, he has a quick release and can put the ball wherever he wants to. He will be the best QB we
    will face all year.
    Now with that said do I think LSU can beat Georgia.....hell yes.
    We have as much talent and some very special players on our team as well. Last night we made mistakes but we over came them and never looked back. This team will be ready as will Georgia, and it should be one hell of a game......................

7. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

i didn't say pollack's not any good. i'm saying he's not reggie white or marcus spears for that matter. and one play can get you a season award b/c the media leaches on a highlight. but he does wear a cool number for a DE and that was a nice play last year against the gamecocks. But he is OVERHYPED and if i hear another announcer try to get in his pants i'm going to shoot my tv like elvis.
    fair enough?

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Ok, I could agree that he isn't Reggie White. That is a bit absurd. But please don't tell me the guy isnt any good as he is the best defensive player in the SEC, IMO. What he has done this season and last is just phenominal all around almost every game. He does get a lot of attention but I think that stems from the fact that any returning SEC POY will get it.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Pollack is very, very good. I quess if you don't like something enough you can see the bad. He is a player.

LSU can play with anybody.