Can LSU Football Get 9 to Tutor 9?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Feb 11, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I was hoping maybe he learned something after all these years that he could pass on. :lol: Because Tebow needs all the help he can get.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Maybe Brees can teach the o line to block too.

Cmon TC, your love for JJ is apparent but you don't have to use Brees for some wet dream you had for fixing a 19 year olds lack for being a 22 year old.

Perhaps Peyton can teach Miles to tell time. Oh wait, that has been mentioned already.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Running game.

Doesn't matter how good of a QB LSU plays. WIth out a running game we will lose games that we shouldnt.

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

there's only so much you can tell somebody. you have to be willing to learn something. JJ and work ethic is something i have never heard in the same sentence and thats from talking people that are on staff.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont care who plays QB, I just want to see one of our RB's have some 100yrd games.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yep, that's where it lies. LSU was atrocious at running the ball, and it's not all because of injuries. that offensive line was terrible. even though i don't like crowton, i dislike stud even more.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Brown is a finesse style coach so I'm not sure that he remembers what a physicial down hill attack is. I'd like to see Miles get back to running the ball. It shortens games and beats the hell out of your opponent's D. Allows you to own the 4th Qtr.

Heard that saban asked brown to take applewhite back, as he didn't want to fire him.

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

agree:thumb:

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

More than anything discussed over here CLM said it. He's going to pound the ball. If he does it's game on in the west, that's for real.

Saban has been loyal to Applewhite. He left an OC job and was very successful at it to come to Alabama. I can see Saban taking some responsibility, he had to know this was the odd couple from the get go.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He was OC at Rice for one year and the team went 7-6. I don't know if you can call one season as an OC at Rice and especially a 7-6 season much to brag about. He left a mediocre job at Rice for a major step up at Bama. It lasted one season and he took a demotion to go back to Texas. I'm not sure how loyal Saban was or wasn't, but it was evident that either Saban wanted him gone or he wanted no part of Saban. Saban doesn't make many friends, if you're an assistant looking for a friend you better look for a job somewhere else.

Loyal, I don't think you can say loyal and Saban in the same sentence, they definitely don't belong together. Saban is a great coach and a big time azzhole. Where ever he coaches it is overlooked by the fan base because he brings W's, I'm guilty as charged. Assistant coaches and fans looking for loyalty or a warm personality are SOL. My guess is that played a large part in Applewhite leaving.