Can LSU Football Get 9 to Tutor 9?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Feb 11, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I know this thread was made in jest, but I'd rather Sean Payton tutor Gary Crowton.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

OK, I forgot when you invoke the Saban name you must be very specific.:wink:

You can only speak of Rice in relative terms. They produced for the first time in their history a 1000 yrd. rusher, passer, and receiver. They scored 350 points on the season. An improvement of over 100 points more than the previous season. They also went to their first bowl since 1961.

Now for specifics on loyalty. Saban and Applewhite were not on the same page. I think Saban's loyalty went as far as simply not speaking of his disatisfaction nor did he fire him. That obviously could be more devastating to his reputation. Even though now I'm beginning to think his reputation as OC may still have taken a hit (he's still running backs coach after two seasons).

When I want warm and fuzzy I turn to reruns of Mr. Rodger's neighborhood with my granddaughter. At Alabama we'll take the wins.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

exactly what i was thinking! i was hella impressed with what applewhite did at rice. he "left" bama and he went back to his alma mater to coach, what makes that a downgrade, or demotion? seems like the better deal to me. :hihi: not that i like texas, but it's probably better than bama. he passed up a shot at playing in the NFL to be a coach -- that has to say something. i wouldn't want the dude coaching here because he was in love with bama his entire life and went to UT, so.... lost cause in my book.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Win.

I think the only realistic way that Brees could help JJ is with regards to the internal clock. Brees' clock is simply uncanny. He might actually have eyes in the back of his head, whereas sometimes I'm not completely sure that JJ has eyes in the front of his. That's the only kind of skill that could be translated because Brees' other attributes are just not teachable. It's kind of like how Tiger Woods would make the worst golf coach in the world.

5. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

Hey Peyton Manning mentored Brees his rookie year, while Drew was a sophomore at Purdue...stranger things have happened.