Can LSU keep 2003 opponents under 100 points total

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Nov 17, 2003.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Two more games to go ... LSU leads the Nation in scoring dee, the only team to have allowed less than 100 points. LSU has allowed only 89 points in 10 games or 8.9 ppg.

http://nola.com/lsu/spnet.ssf?/default.asp?c=advance&page=cfoot/stat/ncaa-team-scoring-defense.htm

Can LSU allow just 10 more points in the next two games and finish the season with a scoring defense below 100 points.
    This is a 12-game season, longer than the usual 11-game season. Methinks Ole Miss will be held to less than 10 points.
    I wonder when was the last time a team allowed fewer than 100 points in a season.

LSU 35 Farchie 6
    LSU 42 Arkansas 3
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;)

2. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

That would be pretty incredible, but I doubt it happens. I see the reserves coming in and giving up 10-13 points over the next two games. I mean, there's no reason to leave your starters in when you're already up 7 td's.:D

Would the conference championship game be considered regular season?

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The SECCG and the bowl game count towards the final stats ... so our season totals won't be less than 100 points.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Nevertheless, that's an incredible accomplishment--and one more thing to point out. Early on in the season, Ole Miss was blowing us out of the water in points scored. But check this stat: Points scored in conference games (we've played an equal number): Ole Miss has only scored 12 more points than LSU--which is counting our 7 point "performance" against Florida.

Who has a more high-powered offense than Ole Miss? After Saturday, the stats may say LSU.

Our defense blows them out of the water on points allowed, both in and out of conference.