Can SEC officiating get any worse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think the zebras just flat ass missed it.

2. lsutigersfan

lsutigersfan Freshman

i agree the refs here are horrible but try watching a pac 10 game their refs are horrible 2

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Quit with the excuses, LSU lost the damn game. Not the officials.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yes, we lost the game, not the officials. i dont think anyone is saying that it cost us the game or is making excuses.

however, the officiating wasnt great, which is what IS being discussed. unfortunately, that is the norm for the sec, it seems. it also seems that the conf office doesnt want to address it. slive would rather try to make everyone put on happy face by punishing coaches/ad's who complain.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Are you kidding me? Your posts are just awful. I read one that said JJ is our best option at QB next year, another where you accused a post for overreacting for one bad game when he mentioned our defense can't defend the spread, and now you think the offense played well; despite having it 1st and goal inside the 5 twice and not being able to score a TD?

Wow..

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

There will always be some bad calls or missed calls in a game. But you can't blame the zebras for this loss. It was all LSU's.

8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Jefferson should have had a better handle on the ball. However, I think he thought, I'm sliding...play over. That play did not necessarily cost LSU the game. But, it sure hurt. Withall the helmet to helmet talk this year. It's unbelievable that that went uncalled by these idiotic officials.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agreed, and I am not one to complain much about officiating, but there were several horribly missed calls, with the one Texas Tiger points out being the most blatant. I am typically of the mindset, you just have to move on and overcome, but when our QB engages in a slide and is speared helmet to helmet, how do you miss that?

What really costs us the game was not the officiating, but missing out on recovering the fumbled punt in the first half, and not punching the ball in the endzone when we had our chances, esp. after a turnover inside the 10. But the officiating, along with the commentating, was as bad as I saw all year.

10. dltigers3

dltigers3 Veteran Member

What really cost us was the clock operator. At the start of the 2nd quarter the game clock did not start until 10 secs after a run play. I said to all of my friends as soon as this happened that if Arky scored a last second TD i was gonna go insane, and it happened. Go back and look at it.