Can SEC officiating get any worse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I was unable to be on here during the game...was visiting family that doesn't have Internet in their home. Anyway, did anyone else catch the fact that the first play of the second quarter was run (ArKansas had the ball) without the clock running? My nine year old son asked me after the play why the clock wasn't running. I looked at the clock on the screen at that point and it read 14:57...and it was running. Again...this was AFTER the play. Now, I don't know if that was CBS' graphic reading incorrectly or if it was accurately reading what the stadium clock showed, but I don't remember the refs ever announcing for the clock to be changed. Again, I could be wrong. I have the game on the TiVo, but haven't had a chance to look at it again since we got home tonight. The reason I mention this is because IF that play was run w/o the clock running, then the final play of the first half (we all know which one I mean) wouldn't have occurred. Granted, this wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game or the fact that the offense was anemic, but it would be another miss by the SEC officials. The no-call on the helmet-to-helmet on JJ was inexcusable...and there was another play where there appeared to be a helmet-to-helmet shot on a LSU player, if I remember correctly.

None of this would have mattered if Gary Crowton had left the playbook "wide-open" after the Alabama game, though.

2. TennesseeTiger

I'm glad someone else saw that. I just posted a reply to this thread about that subject, but it was before I read your post. Sorry that I repeated you!

3. TennesseeTiger

I just tried to send an email to the SECsports.com website via their "feedback" link. The email returned to me with an error that basically said the address doesn't exist. Nice way to keep the everyday fan's complaints from existing in the SEC's mind.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The officiating was horrible, and I knew when I saw Steve Shaw with the white hat on, alot of calls were going to be blown. Credit Shaw though for stopping the clock when Knile Davis faked his injury at the end of the game. Petrino got upset, but screw him, maybe he should tell his players not to be so obvious when they are stalling.

The officiating however had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game. LSU blew it, and once again proved that we are our own worst enemy.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

LSU lost the game because we have no QB.

Regarding the officiating...I never think it can get worse but every year it does.

It's sad when you consider how good we have it in the SEC.

*6 of 12 BCS titles
    *Attendance
    *Fans
    *Bowl appearances
    *Tradition
    *Ranked teams

We're ranked at the top of almost every category...yet have the worst officials in the country.

Blame the idiots in Birmingham. This year they even canned the Independence Bowl and added...ready for this...the Birmingham Bowl. What a crock!

1 person likes this.
  6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Purple Tiger again.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The NCAA, particularly the SEC, needs NFL caliber refs.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I didn't hear about this. I knew the SEC was powerful, but I didn't know they had the power to cancel one bowl and create another. Wonder what Shreveport has to say about this, since they're the ones directly affected by it. I guess if the game and city were losing money, then this is for the best.