Can someone PLEASE explain to me......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Dec 30, 2002.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

how we could have possibly lost to the Hogettes? Right now I'm watching the Golden Field Mice totally destroy Reverend Nutt and his disciples. It's enough to make you sick thinking about it.

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

looks like..

the piggies are trying to throw the ball more than they usually do. They should dance with the one that brought em.....the run. Yeah, Nutt is a freakin genius.

3. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

LSU fans aren't the only ones asking themselves that question. And the piglets were whining about LSU and Auburn getting better bowls.

Clue: this is precisely why you didn't get a better bowl. You got hammered by a 7-5 Minnesota team that just got only it's 4th eight-win season since 1960. Congratulations and thanks for embarrassing the SEC.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Maybe the Tennessee State Police did a sweep through the Ar-Kansas locker room prior to the game and Nutt had to start the scout team?

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Seeing the poor fan turnout by the Pigs at a bowl only a couple hours drive is the number one reason why LSU is playing on New Year's Day and they are playing on a Monday at 2:30. We LSU fans have a great reputation as people who travel with their team and this is an instance when fans actually have a tangible impact on their teams. Geaux Tigers!!

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It was one ugly game. I cann't believe that was the SEC WEST champs.

7. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

My reply to the original question

My assessment as to "how we lost to the piglets" is the big play. We gave up too many big plays. We really should have shut them out as did everyone else. Think about it. One of the hogettes TD's was questionable. They really didn't even make it and it should have been Tiger's ball at the 1/2 yard line. Another TD was extremely poor tackling by the LSU defense and they busted that big run. We missed that guy four or five times and he should have been tackled easily. And of course you all know about their third TD. None of these TD's should have happened. Had the ball been bouncing our way on that day and our defense been intense for 60 minutes then it would have been 17 - nuthin or worse.

Many are going to say "Could, Shouda, Woulda and that's OK. I'm just giving burlesontiger and answer to "how we lost to the hoggettes". It shoulda been a cakewalk for us.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

either

the ark ream was betting that they would lose or, it the makes me cry just thinking about this , the SEC is weak real weak . Maybe we as SEC fans should rethink send only two teams to a bowl game .