can u win w/out a qb

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 6, 2004.

1. DJ

DJ Founding Member

That's what they were saying about USC when they lost Carson Palmer.

IMO Jimbo Fisher is as good at preparing QB's for game play as Norm Chow. Randall has SEC game experience, and both Flynn and Russell are extremely talented and had a redshirt year to learn the offense.

Unless I am very wrong about how I expect our defense to perform next year, my guess is that any of the three of them would play well enough for us to win consistently. We don't need superstar play at the QB position if we are holding teams to 10 points a game.

However, we could be much more proficient on offense next year if Randall makes the same sort of improvement as Mauck did before last season, or if Russell or Flynn turn out to be as advertised. Certainly defenses will ignore Justin Vincent at their peril. If we get good play from our OL, we might see even better QB play next year than we did last year (which is saying something since I am well aware that Mauck won 90% of the game he started, and led the SEC--including Eli, Leak, Green, Clausen, and Lorenzen--in pass efficiency).

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Really!!! Where ws this guy all last season. Mauck was an average SEC QB at best. I appreciate his commitment and what he did for the program but talent wise we should be much better off this year. The only thing we lack is experience.:geaux: :lsug:

3. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Can you pick your nose without fingers?

LSU has 4 QBs on roster LSU has QBs do you have fingers if so go pick your nose.

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

Re: Re: can u win w/out a qb

whose the 4th qb?

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Mauck had the highest passer rating in the SEC. Average SEC QB?

6. snorton938

agreed.....he had a great season and is a big part of their success...........problem he's going to have trying to go pro is they have doubts about his arm strength on long passes......the scouting report i read on him liked his mobility and mid-passing arm strength but questioned long passing ability (seems to be a very big deal since he is projected as a 6th round pick)......

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes average

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Are you sure you follow sports?

9. snorton938

Re: Re: can u win w/out a qb

i did my homework and looked up the redshirts and yes they are to die for even though the roster i looked at had the guy that transferred to tulane (i believe).......go ahead and beat me.....i'm loving this....

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I would hate to be "dead meat"....

You have a little more homework to do before you're allowed back on the computer.