Can we get ESPN Gameday to Baton Rouge?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, May 20, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What instigated the thrown golf ball was that idiot Corso waving a Bama flag and yelling roll tide in front of LSU fans. Hell, I'd have thrown something at him too.

2. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

I'm pretty sure thats the type of mentality will probably keep Gameday away from here.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

But... but... they have a net.:)

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I've looked at this before and LSU's only chance of hosting College Gameday is the Auburn game.

With Georgia looking to have massive suspensions at the beginning of the season, the LSU/Georgia game won't be a marquee game.

When Florida comes to town, Oklahoma and Texas will be playing in some game called the Red River Shootout. Some of you might have heard of it.

Auburn comes two weeks later for the best shot to host the ESPN crew. Hopefully, the game will stay at night regardless of the records both teams have. I seriously doubt that either LSU or Auburn will have more than one loss each before that game.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Ok it will be for all the marbles:D Both teams will be undefeated and both in the Top 5. Man oh man if that was a night game imagine the intensity of a long day of tailgating and then an explosive 3hrs of football.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Are you sure you physically went to LSU or didn't just take correspondence courses from Illinois? Beer/Bourbon/etc is a factor at any LSU event regardless of time.

p.s. Now don't get hot....I'm playing with you.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I never attended classes at LSU, but I know that early games are still attended by drunks!
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw his location was IL.
    :lsug:

8. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Boys, please re-read my comment again. I stated that I doubted beer was a "primary factor" in the golf ball incident. I did not state that beer was not in some way involved or that they were not, perhaps, drinking beer in the crowd. But, the decision to bring a golf ball(s) to the Gameday program was likely made hours earlier in the morning, when those guys were preparing to leave to attend the show. (And Richdog, this was not an "early game" as I previously stated.) Sometimes, people do stupid things without the benefit of the excuse of alcohol.

Hub, to answer your question, I spent seven years PHYSICALLY attending LSU (4 in undergrad, 3 in law school). During that time and the years afterwards, I attended many LSU events after consuming an adult beverage or two (or more). Never did I even think to bring a sleeve of Titleists to throw at (1) Lee Corso; (2) opposing fans waving their flags; (3) refs; (4) the opposing team; or (5) other LSU fans.

As for Illinois, there are several LSU grads living up here (notice the reader comment at the end of Dandy Don's column this morning). You two might want to get out a little more.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I'm not sure who you're calling "boys"
    As far as "getting out more"...you're the one with 164 posts!

10. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

All right guys, let's not snipe at each other.

The off-season is like being trapped on a rudderless ship. Everyone is bored so we start picking on one another. Happens on most boards every year.