Can we improve next year with JaMarcuss at QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Jan 5, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

He'll be a redshirt freshman. Matt Mauck just had one of the best season's ever as a LSU QB. I will say that Mauck had 3 games out of 14 this year that were not good. Florida, Ole Miss and Oklahoma. Bottomline is we won 2 of those 3 and picked up our QB who was off. That's the sign of a good team.

All the press says Russell maybe the most talented QB to ever attend LSU. The key is turning that potential into reality. Something that Chris Leak did this year.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I remember before the season that everyone was saying next year will be our season. So yes we will be just as good next year if not better. JR or MF will both be great QBs. LSU wins with with Defense and our D will be awesome again next year.

3. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

The tough thing about next year is we play AT Auburn, AT Georgia, and AT Florida, and all of those are relatively early.

We get through there,we have 5 home games in a row down the stretch, before finishing up at Arkansas.

The only other downside to 2004 is we have the gumps in Death Valley, but I don't think we need to worry about that anymore :)

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Jimbo Fisher is the best in the business with QB's:D

Remember Reggie Slack, Rohan Davey, and the improvements of
    Matt Mauck, a qb who could only run?:shock:

Remember thier last years and Heisman for a day?;)

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

...And don't count Mauck out just yet. He hasn't even mentioned if he's leaving yet.

However, that said, even if Mauck decides to forgo his Sr. season, Russell and/or Flynn get my vote of confidence--Both came to LSU as two of the most highly sought after high school QB's, and have had a full year of learning and watching Mauck. If they don't know, they soon will, that Mauck's decisions at QB got him an 18-2 record as a starter and 2 SEC championship games and a Sugar Bowl and National title under his belt.

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Yes, BB. Jimbo and Mauck have been schooling the redshirts all year long. These guys are ready to step in and fight for their shot. There will be Fr mistakes. Even with his poise, Leak made some mistakes. We will continue to improve every week. LSU will be no worse for the wear at QB. The rest of the O will pick them up and instill confidence.