Can we move on?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDork, Sep 19, 2006.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Hands down. Vandy would beat them 28 - 0.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Have you seen them at all this year? They've scored exactly ZERO points in 2 SEC games.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've seen two of their games this year, and that's the most impotent offense I've ever seen. That doesn't speak highly of Tulane's defense, either.

And last year is last year. It is nice, though, that MSU finally scored a few TDs.

4. TigerWins

No kidding. There is a reason we are 36 pt fav over Tulane. Their D must be awful to give up 29 to MSU.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

As for MSU, from what I've seen of them, their offensive line is terrible. I read in the paper where they benched the back-up qb in the 2nd quarter and moved Omar Conner back from wr to qb and finally scored. I think they moved the ball fairly effectively from then on. Very surprised their defense gave up that many points to Tulane.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Seriously, they moved the wide reciever to QB? They don't even do that in high school! Well at least not the good ones. Do the lineman play both sides as well? :lol:

7. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

He was originally a qb, one of those good runner, strong-armed not so great passer types. He was playing qb the last time they came to LSU (another 11:30 beauty of a game I sweated my arse off at) and I think he broke his ankle/hurt his knee, then went to wr after he came back. Not positive all that is true, but it sounds like a nice story anyway.

8. TigerWins

He was the starter last year and was moved to WR this year. The starter, Henig, was hurt in the 1st game. Rutland took over and he sucks.

They are in a world of hurt on offense this year.

9. chele

chele Founding Member

My hubbie is a Moo U grad, and so we've been following the games and even watching the Sly Croom coaches show, so here's my take on MSU (will be relevant in 2 weeks):

SC - The starting QB, Hennig, broke his collarbone, so 2nd string new freshman QB came in. The offense was pretty bad in that game, but the defense was great. SC's only TD was on a trick play.

Auburn - They didn't have a chance, but held Irons to 60 yards. MSU's pass defense is bad.

Tulane - Green Wave couldn't run, but threw all over the place. Croom said that the safeties were to blame -- they let the WRs get behind them when the D was blitzing. 2nd string QB just wasn't ready to play, so they put Omar back in and instantly MSU started scoring.

At least for the State game, we need to be pass-happy, and we'll do great. But, if we can run on them during the 1st half that should show that we've improved in that respect. I figure by the 2nd half, either we'll be playing 2nd string or their D will be dead tired, so that won't tell us anything about our running game.

I don't think we'll have any trouble at all w/Tulane. State would have beat them if Omar had been playing the whole game at QB.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On