Can we move on?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDork, Sep 19, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

better check with bob stoops/paul thompson first.

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

We can move on but, i certainly wont forget. #1 revenge game next year

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Ok. I will give them a call, but I'm not sure I care about what they have to say.

My point was it is uncommon. Thompson was recruited to OU because they told him he could play QB and then put him in the WR slot. Which adds to my point that most players want to stick with one position. Outside of highschool.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That is compelling evidence that the officials made an incorrect call. BUT...at game speed, it appeared to one official that the ball was tipped rendering it uncatchable. That was the call. It was wrong but that was the call. There's no conspiracy. The refs are not "for" Auburn. We lost. We got the shaft on several calls, no question, but the scoreboard is the final determinant. Let's all agree that we got screwed (at Auburn again) and move on to the next game. Nothing is going to change.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Looks like Conner was the #9 qb prospect in the nation his senior year.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=10&yr=2003

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The thing that burns my butt is the PAC 10 had the guts to admit their officials blew several calls and suspended them for a game and issued an apology to OU.

Hell will freeze over before a similar admission comes from the SEC office. :angryfire

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Let's do. I am sure the Tigers and the coaching staff have already done so. A lose is always bad, but we should allow it to drag us down or ruin our week. Let's move on to the next game.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LSU ain't MSU and Crumbs ain't Miles. It won't even be close, Game over at half. nuff said.

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

And here is another quote from that same page.

I never questioned the integrity of the player. I was questioning the integrity of the program. Do you think LSU is going to put MF or RP in the backfield to take handoffs any time soon? No becuase we are a college ball club that has the depth to cover all positions. Like most others.

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

And it was determined he couldn't cut it as a qb in the West Coast offense and the scouts were wrong, but he was too good of an athlete to sit on the bench holding a clip board, thus he was moved to wide receiver/returner. He was moved back to qb out of necessity. This isn't a new concept.