Can we please get a QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CoachRiley, Dec 30, 2014.

1. CoachRiley

CoachRiley Freshman

I am a HS coach and have had my problems with QBs in my career, but not to this extent. LSU is a top program and it consistently has underperforming QBs. This has to be the problem with the staff either they can't develop them or can't pick them. As a fan I wish I thought it was going to change but as a coach it seems to be a trend. It won't change unless changes are made. We did ok with a JC transfer the last 2 season (ZM). If I was on that staff I would be trying to find out if Braxton Miller liked the color purple. As for the D it is too small up front, and if Chief leaves we can replace him but we got to get back to the days of large dominant DTs like Dorsey, Jackson, and Nevis. We still have great DBs and good LBs little more meat in the middle would help with the running game and get us more sacks and QB pressures. As for the O, QB play will make us or break us next season. Time to get this straightened out or bring in a staff with the ability to.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The answer is NO

QB is not a factor in the Les Miles formula for winning. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. Or a forward pass.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we have a qb. hes on the bench. passers are not allowed on the field. guys who do not turn the ball over are only allowed there despite how bad they suck.

yet people believe this bs harris is not ready or he must have issues off the field or maybe hes missing class or hes stupid or hes sleeping with kathy miles. same shit happened with jlee because we have to create something logical when there is none involved.

no, its les miles and this steaming pile of shit philosophy that knows no bounds.

brian kelly started a freshman after benching his heisman front-runner after midseason. and beat us with his unprepared, dont know the playbook, cant adapt to sec-speed defense, backup qb.

enough with the goddamned excuses. its tired and so is our overpaid head coach.

and do any of you really think losing our best assistant coach and strongpoint of the team most years minus one or two is going to improve this team? fuck no its not. we need help on offense as a general rule by getting les miles out of the goddamned way. cutting off your nose to spite your face isnt the answer.

the problem is still front and center.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We brought in Cam. We change the staff. Sometimes the simple answer is the correct one. It's the players. Every recruit is a gamble. We have had similar problems at LB. It is the players.

5. shane0911

No logic allowed here @tirk

Like I said in another thread, there is a cat who eats lunches with pro scouts and knows all sorts of coaches; he doesn't say much but he says we are just fine.

6. shane0911

By that logic we missed big on many. I don't buy it.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we have an all-pro rookie team on offense in the nfl this year at the skill position. hopefully this was sarcasm.

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We haven't missed big on that many. We had some that we brought in that had no chest or played baseball really well or had character issues. We missed on JLee, Jefferson, and possibly the current two (imo depending on the next two years). You always have 4 QBs on the roster and only one is usually worth a crap. So it does not take much to miss.

LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  9. shane0911

I don't think it was. I could be wrong.

10. shane0911

Wow