Can y'all give me the scoop on Barrington Edwards?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaHeelBengal, Feb 15, 2005.

1. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

He's now a Tar Heel and we hope great things are in store for him next year on The Hill. I know he was highly recruited but that's about it. What's the 411 on him, good as advertised? Can't blame him for transferring with the likes of Vincent, Addai, etc. in the backfield.

:geauxtige

2. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

He played well last year (03) the few times he was in at RB, but Vincent was on fire, and he didn't have the power of Broussard. We still had Joseph Addai and Shyrone Carey, both of whom are capable ahead of him on the depth chart, so he was #5 RB. He did play a good bit on special teams, and did well with that, but he is a talented RB and wanted to play RB. I never really heard or read anything bad about his playing, and I don't think anyone was upset when he left. Not because he wasn't valuable, but just because everyone understood he wanted to play RB, and his roll was going to be limited here with the other talented backs we have.

I think he'll play very well for the Heels. You've scored a talented football player. I hope he is very successful.

3. bubbafong

Just looked it up, and in 2003 he rushed 41 times for 169 yards, which is a 4.1 yard average. That's nothing to sneeze at, and he didn't really get to show what he could do. I would guess that after sitting out a year, he'll be on fire to prove himself.

4. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

I heard when he practiced with the team some last year, I guess on the scout team or something, some of the players were just amazed at his skills and can't wait to see him in uniform this fall. Btw Bubba, if you ever get a chance to see a game at CH do so. The most beautiful stadium out there! Like Sanford stadium only smaller and quieter. Nothing like a Saturday night in BR but a good setting nonetheless.

5. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Why would you want a quiet stadium :confused:

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Well, you'd want a quiet stadium to hear the sucking sound if your team is UNC.

7. bubbafong

You never know, maybe one day I will. I actually lived in North Carolina for a few years as a young tot. Born in BR, moved to NC for a few years, and then back to BR. I only have vague memories, but I know it's beautiful country.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Barrington should be a very good RB for you guys. He just saw the logam ahead of him and decided he would play elsewhere. He is a great player, had a great attitude on special teams, blocked a FG and had a few tackles.

I was hoping he would move to LB instead of transferring because he is a stud athlete.

9. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Hes a very good back and I was little upset to see him go, but I really dont blame him. I hold nothing against him and wish him the best and Im sure he will give it to yall.

10. BayouBert

BayouBert Founding Member

Out of all of LSU's backs in 2003, i personally felt that Broussard and Edwards were the best pro prospects...Edwards had an electric style of running, but we just didn't get to see much of it...He should stud out given a decent OL @ NC