Canada leaving after the bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Dec 27, 2017.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Yes, that's what's so scary. O is a dumbass when it comes to offense and immediately did his best Miles impression and fucked with the guy paid the most in college to run it.

Is Canada irreplaceable? Hell No.

But we just fired a coach for getting too hands on with the offense and fucking things up. O swore he wouldn't do that. His first full season and not only did he do just that but ran off the guy before the season was over. THAT is what has me concerned.

Richdog and dachsie like this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

It only concerns me that its happening before the bowl game... Other than that, I'm good as long as he makes the right hire for the o and somebody to coach up the qbs...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Last time it was a lame aggie Chavis who packed it in. Now we have a lame duck Canada.

I just want to beat Notre Dame.

4. stevescookin

I guess we didn't want to recruit a quarterback this year anyway.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. stevescookin

I wonder who leaked this out anyway...did the players just find out through the internet? Why wouldn't they wait until after the bowl game to fire Canada?

This just stinks.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. TN_Tiger

TN_Tiger Freshman

I don’t like Canada being pushed out . You give him a 3 year deal keep him unless he isn’t performing . LSU has to be the most backwards AD in the NCAA . He isn’t the best OC out there and I would love to see us come out 4 wide in the shot gun but it won’t happen under O . He did fine with what he had to work with . Our OL wasn’t worth two craps in a tin can , a QB just out of back surgery who couldn’t throw more than 20 yards and was indecisive , and unproven wide receivers . We will always be a run heavy team and that type of football is fading away fast .

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

New qb, New wrs, a head coach who didn't know who his starting rbs was this past season, now firing the oc he hired 1 season in, and we get to pay him to leave.....nothing could go wrong here

8. stevescookin

(Channeling bhelm...)

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Alleva sure has some odd timing, unless Canada made this happen.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If he hasn’t violated his contract, maybe you shouldn’t be firing him. If he has, maybe you shouldn’t be paying him. If the guy is a cancer, maybe it is worth firing him, but your dumb ass hired him, maybe paying him 3 years of salary for 1 year of service. Not to mention you shot yourself in the foot while a bunch of other programs were having turnover; rather than take advantage of the situation you undercut yourself. Eaux don’t got no mo honeymoon.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017