Canada to Ragin Cajuns?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Dec 4, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

We have to get an OC that can real these local guys in at QB when they are available. To lose a top prospect to TCU is sacrilege. Ed may be trying to do that but had to use Canada until one is available. I know we will always be a run first team but we can’t keep losing our best to other schools. These top tier QB see LSU as a death sentence for that position so they go elsewhere. We will have to implement the pro style so these young QB see it as training for their pro career or at least give them the best chance to get drafted. Miles did a great job convincing Mett to come here but our DC that year let him down. If this is O’s plan I have no issues with it.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Are there any well respected great young offensive football minds in the state coaching at the high school level? I don’t keep up with hs football like I used to.

Also by the way, I never knew Kirby Smart was an analyst at LSU when Saban was here. The SEC should be renamed, teams with former LSU employees.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Surely you re not suggesting that some hotshot hs coach be elevated all the way to oc for LSU? Have you ever heard of Jerry Faust?

stevescookin likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

FIFY

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If they have talent I wouldn’t be opposed to having one come on as a qb or offensive analyst that has a great reputation across the state.

7. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

LSU definitely doesn't need any "Local" QB's just for the sake of them being from Louisiana.

They need QB's that have all the skills necessary to produce an SEC West/SEC Championship.

I don't care if they're from California, Maine or Timbuktu.

We certainly don't need anymore "Glorified running backs" trying to play QB" that can't throw the football.

The Tigers just need to stick with the great passing QB's that have some pocket mobility, can read defenses, go through progressions and effectively manage the Offense. (Like Etling with a little more arm strength and accuracy) (Like Fromm and Stidham)

I think Brennan will be that guy in 2018, with another off-season to add 15-20 more pounds of muscular weight............

HalloweenRun and stevescookin like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought you were saying make somebody like that the OC with no previous college experience, much less with extra at the highest level.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We buy everything else from China. How about a QB? There's a 5☆ prospect with the Beijing HS Firecrackers who looks promising. His name is Yu Go Long.

stevescookin and el005639 like this.
  10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I know. The last Chinese QB we had under Miles was named Sum Ting Wong.