CantGuardMike gets some talking head respect

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Nov 22, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

didit likes this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

Unlike a lot of players that have their best year in their contact year, he is having his the year after he signed his money deal... And he doesn't drop shit thrown his way, unlike one of his running buddies *cough* Ginn *cough*...

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Just took a first look at an early mock draft, the Walter Camp mock. They have the Saints picking 30th, and selecting..... Justin Jefferson

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

He'd be a great pick. I'd love even more to see them grab J'mar Chase (he's been NFL ready the day he walked on campus), and I think CEH would fit well for the Saints.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

JaMarr is a sophomore. He will be back at LSU next season as will Marshall. I Brennan can get them the ball. CEH won't be a first round pick, mainly because the position of RB has been devalued in recent years due to the NFL offenses. I can see him going as high as second round or as low as fourth. The Saints won't draft him or any other RB if Latavius Murray keeps playing as well as he has been. The Saints biggest needs on offense are a WR who can stretch the field to take pressure of off Mike Thomas and an OT to take Andus Peat's place. Peat will be a free agent and the Saints are not going to pay him what he will demand and he isn't worth it. The Saints need every dollar they can clear space for under the cap. They are going to have to pay Alvin Kamara, Ramcycz, and Lattimore to keep them.

6. ParadiseiNC

Yeah, all good points. Forgot about Chase being a sophomore and needing to wait one more year. And, I didn't mean to imply CEH would be a first rounder, just that he would be a good fit for the Saints as a pass catching back out of the backfield and good on short yardage. He'd compliment what we currently have and be a great change of pace - very different than AK or LM.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He would do great in a Darren Sproles - Reggie Bush type role. For somebody. He will likely be off the board bu the time the Saints have finished addressing more glaring needs. I like the idea of drafting Jefferson if he is still there but I don't know what Mickey Loomis might be thinking. Would he pick a QB in the late first round if Tua was still there? Personally at this stage I wouldn't take the chance with Tua. He won't be fully rehabilitated by the time the draft rolls around. The only Qbs I would draft in the first round this year are Burrow and the Hebert kid from Oregon and no way for the Saints to get either without some draft day trade magic.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

I’m not so sure. I know he’s been through 2 surgeries for 2 different ankles, but those were not reconstructive surgeries, just some simple measures to promote healing. If he rests, and rehabs with commitment, he should be fine, potentially for years to come. I wouldn’t hesitate if I were the Saints. I’d rather JB - I think he fits our offense better, but Jeaux won’t be available. Tua’s health should be fine though.

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

no way i would draft tua any higher than 4th round... he's played 2 seasons and been hurt in both, one being a bo jackson type hip injury... i'd rather keep teddy bridgewater, but he's earned a bigger paycheck than i think we would be able to afford...

10. ParadiseiNC

Whoops, I completely forgot about the hip when I wrote this. The hip is a different story. That will definitely drop him.