Car insurance

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 30, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Our insurance is on it. Just want to avoid having any out-of-pocket expenses. Probably won't happen but we're not looking of for P&S but my MIL did have to go to hospital in an ambulance.

My wife wanted a rental- and the insurance company encouraged her to get one. I figured we could do without and save them that cost- was not popular idea here but we're getting along okay. Her seat belts don't work and hood is not latched securely- I told her not to drive too far or too fast. :D

We work less than 3 miles from home, off the same hwy, and the guy who's going to fix it lives less than a mile and has a shop next to his house. Just not my style to spend JUST cause it's there- if you know what I mean.

2. LSUTiga

You should be given a HUGE discount.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It's Obama's fault. Or the extra cost will go to helping women get equal pay.

;)

4. LSUTiga

I recently tried to do away with ANY "content" and "outside structures" or "other whatever they call it- and couldn't. I have a 50K barn (50 X 100 and half slab) that I wanted to take off completely. It's rated for 200 mile an hour winds so figured it would be standing way after house. That's when I was told about the percentage thingy and it jogged my memory cause I'd forgotten about that.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Know this, your insurance agent is not your friend regardless of what he tells you. My teenager was in an accident a little more than a year ago and I hired an attorney to deal with it. Will never not hire one again. I didn't have to do a damn thing, no phone calls, no nothing, just sign for the check. A check he would never have gotten had I not hired the legal Begal

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

My home insurance with shelter is ridiculously low, I think. My buddy just moved to them as we'll and is saving a bunch. They have a big emphasis on credit score.