Carl Nicks apologizes to Nebraska

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Apr 14, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I guess being a champion on the field inspired him to be a champion off the field as well. :thumb: to Mr. Nicks....glad to have you in New Orleans!

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not often you see an athlete with the balls to make an apology like that when not under the gun. My opinion of Nicks just went up, he seems to have grown up a bunch.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I remember when he was drafted thinking how we may have selected one of the true "steals" that year. I normally don't like athletes with attitudes or off-field problems but thought this guy might be able to have a huge impact if he matured. Fortunately he appears to have done more than just correct his issues...he actually took responsibility. WOW!...in this day and age that's something people rarely do. Maybe we should send him to Congress when his playing days are over.

I don't believe he has completely matured though. Anybody wearing a Kobe Bryant shirt still has a few issues. :hihi:

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Two things to take from this story: (1)there are good people in this world; and (2) people change.