Carnell Williams or Joe Addai

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CimarronCajun, Jun 11, 2005.

1. CimarronCajun

CimarronCajun Freshman

and Ronnie Brown or Ally Broussard? Much respect to AU's back tandem, but I believe Addai and Broussard are every bit as talented. What do you fellows think?

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Who's to say? They are all good backs and most teams would be blessed to have one of them.

3. clair

clair Rockets

As much as I like LSU, I have to say that I doubt Broussard and Addai will go 2 and 4 in the draft or whatever the order was, so I'd have to take Auburn's backs, even though I think that Addai will be the best pro of all of them because of his hands.

4. max

max Founding Member

They're all great players. I would take Carnell Williams hands down over Addai. I would rank them like this:
    1. Williams
    2. Brown
    3. Broussard
    4. Addai

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Personally, I think Ronnie Brown's a cut above all the others mentioned. He's the real deal. His combo of size, strength, speed and outstanding hands is uncommon, to say the least.

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

2004 Stats:

Alley Broussard 6.1 YPC
    Joseph Addai 6.7 YPC
    C. Williams 4.9 YPC
    Ronnie Brown 6.0 YPC

I'd have to agree with the Aubie, all 4 are excellent RBs.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Carnell over Addai any day of the week. Remember 2003 when Spears and Lavalais were constantly in the Auburn backfield and Cadillac managed something like 60 yards rushing. He was dodging people from the start and stilll managed 50+ yards.

Cadillac and Brown were two special running backs that happened to be on the same team last year. They will be good in the NFL when the time comes.

8. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Broussard will show everybody how good of a back he is, now that he will start the season as the #1 RB. He's definitely in line as the next premier power SEC back. I hope he can demonstrate to the country he has NFL pass catching and blocking skills. He is already proven as a punishing runner with the ability to take it to the house.

Although he demonstrated he can be effective as a utility back, Addai has yet to prove he has the bruising tackle-breaking ability like the two AU backs. I think it was the first time in history two backs from the same team got drafted in the first 4 picks

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If i were an NFL coach taking RB my overall first pick would be a tie between Ronnie Brown and Joe Addai. These two guys can catch, and run like freight trains. If i need needed a guy to just mow people over and get those 4 and inches yards, I go with Broussard. If i want an all around great athlete, a back that will make you miss, has great speed, agility and power I go with Williams. If I had to Rank them right now...

1. Ronnie Brown
    2. Alley Broussard
    3. Joe Addai
    4. Caddy Williams (no disrespect, but with his injury problems, I think he may come up lame. This is tough rankings, they all could be premier backs on other teams).

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

If I'd been coaching Auburn, Ronnie Brown would have touched the ball 40 times a game. He is the reason they beat us in 2002 and 2004. He was the best running back in the SEC I'd seen since Emmitt Smith.