Carucci's top 5 RB's in the Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lendale ahead of deangelo? that aint happenin'. backs without breakaway speed do not go that high. I like maroney a lot but i dont see him going ahead of dw either but I see them as almost equal. I also like calhoun who isnt on the list. he musta touched the ball 40 times a game under the godfather. I used to watch every wisci game on espn2 early saturdays when i could. Calhoun was simply amazing.

id like to find out his total touches in his career there.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think DW is a Kevin Faulk type guy. Will never be a feature back because of his size. More of a situational player because of his size. Who knows though, I thought Dominic Davis was destined for the same type career, but he proved me and tons of others wrong.

4. tirk

oh trust me, these scouts know of anyone at a d1 school and dont play favorites. If they believe dw is better they'll say so and many have. Lendale is a good back and it simply depends on a team's needs as to which is a better fit. however, he likely wont go that high because he lacks the speed to warrant such a high pick. teams dont want another (wisci irony) ron dayne mishap although lendale seems like he'd be a good fit for the packers who pick 5th or so.

5. tirk

thats the stereotype people have of backs who are short when they see them initially but watching him in his days at memphis, he certainly isn't just a receiving back. He punishes the defensive and runs between the tackles. He's much more physical than a warrick dunn who carries the ball about 20 times a game and dunn is 25 lbs lighter.

DW will be an every down back i do believe. he's almost the exact size as some guy named barry sanders in his prime but probably even a few lbs heavier and catches the ball almost as well as reggie bush.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It will be interesting to see what round he goes in the draft and who gets him. If he stays healthy he should have quite a career in the NFL.