Carvile hyping up LSU on Crossfire

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Geaux5000, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

On Crossfire yesterday they had a Bama grad as one of the guests and at the end of the show he made a comment to him about LSU being the national champs and "a superior institution" The Bama guy could only laugh and say something about Bama coming back one day. It was hilarious.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I watched them on the day of the New Hampshire primary to see what they had to say about it...I seek out and sometimes enjoy the liberal perspective...if for nothing else but a good laugh...

Everyone else is in suits, ties, and sweater vests....coats, the whole 9...it was brutally cold...

But not Carville...He's got his "perspectives" sunglass tinted specs on, sporting a pair of blue jeans and an LSU cutoff sweatshirt with a longjohn shirt on underneath...

Mentioned LSU frequently, which was surprising...

At one point, the "token conservative" along with Novak referred to a dinner that Carville had attended the night before, doling him-and rightfully so-into the "Democratic Establishment" in Washington, D.C....

Carville shot a glance back at him and retorted somewhat incredulously, "Look at the way I'm dressed...Does this look like the Democratic Establishment to you?"

I thought it was classic...

He also had a classic response to the nefarious and infamous T. Medd Hogg on the pages of the Advocate's Letter's the Editor Section a few months back that was a must read...

He defended his statement to a national wire service that coming up around LSU and listening to live music around BR on the weekends made you want to, "...grab a hot woman and a cold beer..."

Absolutely masterful, if you ask me....

3. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

Carville is a wonderful ambassador for LSU on a national level. It is rare to have someone as widely-known as Carville, with as much television face time as he has, to regularly plug our institution.

You may not agree with the man's politics (I can't say that I agree with him on most things), but you have to love his love for LSU.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not suprising at all I have heard Carville mention LSU on National TV many times. He is an absolute nut and many may not agree with his political views but he definitely bleeds purple and gold. He is a good ambassador for LSU as LSU'syourdaddy stated and he is fun to watch.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Carville looks like a muppet having a seizure.

6. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

CARVILLE

NOBODY loves LSU more then I do. I literally grew up in Tiger Stadium.

Nobody is more embarrassing to me as an LSU fan than Carville. He is a Cottomouth Mocassin whose associations & lack of values are terrible. Just because someone is a fan or plugs LSU in a positive way doesn't overcome other harmful things they have done.

:geaux:

7. sos

sos Founding Member

Re: CARVILLE

Outstanding, son!

8. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Didn't D. Duke go to Tulane

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

No, unfortunately, he is an LSU grad.

10. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I hate Carville's politics but he and David Toms are great for LSU. How many other political figures or golfers plug their institutions. None, so give them credit for their their faithfulness.