Carville is right

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Nov 10, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I think Bama is drawing Matt Austin's crew for the Auburn game. This will be fun.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You say that as if there is actually some degree of randomness involved. What a joke. The gumps dont "draw" anything. They select whatever they want.

Richdog, furduknfish, fanatic and 2 others like this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Nu ahh. The state of Alabama is just better at football than Texas, Louisiana, Florida, California (and 45 other states). Most of which love football just as much and have more population and play it the same way. It's completely fair and random....like winning the lottery over and over and over again. Nothing strange about that...:rolleyes:

Richdog likes this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The officiating was awful once again last night. Arky got away with what should have been taunting penalties several times; it was finally called toward the end of the game after the O'Grady TD.

Additionally, there was the no call on a blatant facemask that would have extended an LSU drive late in the game -- the facemask occurred directly in front of an official who had called the LSU receiver out of bounds on his route. I don't know how that call is missed unless the fix is in. Nothing else can explain it.

Here's the missed facemask:

https://twitter.com/SouthernbeLLSU/status/1061461161076576257

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Officiating is terrible, I will agree. But I’m tired of the “a drive would’ve been extended by a penalty” line of thinking. Yeah, it would’ve been. But we shouldn’t need help extending drives. It should be called because it should be called, but we won’t do shit as a team if we can’t extend our own drives with making plays. Or even calling plays, for that matter. And this isn’t a post about you. I just wanted to rant on the fact that Chavis was the defensive coordinator here and the amount of times we punted was ridiculous.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No way at least 2 refs didn't didn't see that. This was out in the open easy to see.

fanatic, HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

to me it isnt that the "penalty would have extended the drive"........it is that the penalty prevented LSU from having the ability to extend the drive. It is isnt counting on the penalties but when penalties are not called that have direct impact on stopping a drive then there is a real problem.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Right. It's not like the QB was sacked or the pass thrown to another receiver who was stopped short of the first. In this case, the player who should have been flagged impeded the intended receiver's ability to get to the ball; direct impact on the outcome of the play.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

i will add to this I do not say that thinking SEC is intentionally messing with LSU in THIS game.....now all the Bama calls yes there is absolutely cheating happening there against all Bama opponents.....but in this game I think it is just showing how bad the SEC officials are even when calling a game straight up. Would serve the SEC no purpose to have LSU who is having a really good season and has an outside shot at the playoffs and a definite shot at an upper tier bowl game to lose to a terrible Ark who has no shot at anything. So def do not think it was intentionally not called to affect LSU just that it is was terrible officiating.

el005639 likes this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Reminds me of the time against AU when Jizz Ramsey and some other jackhole chop blocked Dorsey. You can see the umpire looking RIGHT at it and didn't throw the flag. Given the potential for serious injury, he should have been fired immediately after the game. Dorsey wasn't the same until he got to rest and heal after the SEC championship game. Considering how awkward he landed, very fortunate he wasn't hurt worse. Look at that dickhead continue taking him to the ground when he knows his leg is pinned underneath him. I'm getting pissed just seeing this again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.