catbird seat

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Apr 29, 2006.

?

Should the Saints trade Reginald?

1. no way.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. only if they are offered a herschel walker deal.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. yes if the jets offer 2 first rounders and their 3rd (which is likely)

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. doesn't matter the saint will always suck, they are the saints.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

couldnt sleep, sadly im like a kid at christmas because the stupid saints have backdoored their way into having me interested in this damned draft more than i thought possible.

is 3 am too late or too early to have your first beer of the night? my g/f thinks im nuggin futz which likely i am.

anywho, this guy sean payton has been impressive thus far but what wins out? his genius or the saints fate per usual?

my relatives and other older saints fans will tell you that whatever choice they make is set in stone to turn out badly no matter if its right at the time.

if they keep bush, his "creditors" will kill him before the ink is dry on the saints contract or he will be a bust not worthy of the pick or he will blow out a knee ending his career immediately. if they pass on him and sign dbrick and jimmy williams with 2 first round picks (from the jets) and Ko Simpson with their 2nd then all 3 will be busts and you can then inscribe bush's name on the hall of fame plaque (bust) right now.

hell, Ill make a poll out of this as well.

also, payton called bush soon after telling him he's theirs and excited. this, of course, is what he should do in all instances even if thats not the plan. you have to carry out the bluff either way. but there are many reports saying the jets are going to trade their two first round picks and a 3rd rd making this a tough decision for even the shrewdest of minds.

id like to trade deuce, who is about the only saints player i truly like since i think he's lost a step or 3 even before injury...and they need to dump his new contract which is a lot and long and just recently signed.

so bush is a must. ahh, words to live by.

is 3:30 am too early or too late for a 2nd beer.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, I've finally made the leap (after 12 years in Houston) and become a Texans season ticket holder---though I'll always be a Saints fan.

Imagine how, well, bizarre it would be to have your two favorite teams BOTH pass on Bush.

The Jets certainly look the part of playing the role of the Ditka-led Saints in a Redskins and Saints-like blockbuster trade deal Ricky Williams-style---questions about how clueless their leadership is, etc., etc.

BUT...and this is a big but...I don't think the Saints trade the pick. Rather, they'll trade the player and take Bush first, then field calls. Thanks to Haz, they have the recent history of drafting Deuce with Ricky on the roster, so people will think the Saints are crazy enough to do it again. Deuce plays the hammer, Reggie the all purpose guy, and that offense hums like a Saints offense hasn't hummed in nearly 30 years...or so the story will go.

Of course, Bush will threaten to sit out and pull an Eli, but, like the Chargers, the only way the Saints get anything close to "full value" for Bush is to call other's bluff and draft the guy...then watch the phone ring off the hook as 28 or so other teams scramble to come up with a deal.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

niners are also in the mix with the #6 and #22 picks.. If i am the saints i draft vernon davis at #6.. gives brees another antonio gates to throw to.. at 22, there will be some good LBs still available...

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

then I'd take whoever is the best available RB in the second round... for the saints sake i would hope addai would slip to there, but for addai's sake i'd hope he would go to indy..