Cathedral of Notre Dame destroyed

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@Jmg @uscvball et al. I never said it was anything. I just believe jumping to the conclusion Muslims or atheists did it OR that it was an accident or negligence is idiotic. In the case of Muslims it’s bigotry and ignorance.
    We may never know.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Lol, God bless our President

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sure, catholics are terrible. the whole of their church seems organized around fucking little boys

Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

God may smite you for that comment.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i doubt it. at any rate it does seem possible muslims lit the place on fire.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Religion was corrupt even in the Bible. Jesus frequently had to lay the law down.

8. GiantDuckFan

God said to his children,.. I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves, be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"It's as likely to be arson as not."
    " At this point, it's 50/50 IMO."

Combine that with the fact that I questioned "evidence" that does not exist, and somehow that equates to "I hate muslims"? I asked for facts. I asked specifically, if it was an accident, then how did it start? Once those pesky facts, or lack thereof, enter the fray, all of a sudden it gets personal?

Interesting that there is no comment about a US Representative, a muslim, who couldn't find it within herself to use the word "Christ" or "Christian" when tweeting about the fire. Somehow it was about art and architecture.

Oh my.....a fire of this magnitude will take months to properly investigate. The investigators, at this point, have not even been given access to the edifice. Any evidence that might have demonstrated an accident, is non-existent. And yet, somehow others have jumped to conclusions? It is Investigation 101 to NOT pre-suppose how/who/what when a crime or incident is involved. You have to let facts drive the search. The truth is, there are no facts at this point so those who say there is no evidence of arson or terrorism have started with the idea that it didn't happen that way. They have ZERO facts to support that concept.

However, it is a fact that other churches in the region have suffered from fires since January. St Sulpice caught fire just a month ago. It is the start of the Christian Holy Week. The Cathedral has been the intended target of terrorists. The current restoration had exhaustive procedures in place to prevent such an incident and yet.....

Those damn facts.

Frogleg likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

you don't hate all Muslims?
    Investigators questioned about 30 people after the fire, most of them employees who were working on the renovation,.. how do you know what facts they have?

The internet is full of conspiracy theories, hoaxes and deliberate disinformation campaigns about this fire,.. I think that's despicable,.. and it pisses me off that good hearted people are willing, seemingly eager, to jump on the hate train. It's as if some are hoping it was terrorism.

I have no special interest/affection/dislike for Muslims, I just don't think people are being fair about this, it's as simple as that.
    smh, and I love those dumbasses
    accidents do happen,.. I already mentioned holy week
    being holy week seems suspicious,.. but the time of day, the location on the roof where the fire apparently started, the two fire alarms that went off,.. that all suggests to me, a construction fire, and the official whose duty was firewatch, is the one who fucked up
    the facts are,.. the Paris prosecutors’ office ruled out arson and possible terror-related motives, and said it appears to have been an accident.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019