CB John Williams commits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by JVincent25, Mar 4, 2006.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

On top of all those, he's quoted as saying Miles wants to try him at RB first, so you can see he is very versatile. I suspect he may be classified as something other than a DB in order to help get Fracois, Jones, Calais, etc...or maybe he really is being looked at as a RB.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It is great to see LSU's Junior Day starting to pay off.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think you're confusing him (John Williams) with Stevan Ridley from Trinity Episcopal in Natchez, MS.

Ridley is 6-foot and between 210-220 lbs. (depending on which article you read) and has been timed as fast as 4.5 in the forty. Ridley had 2,300 all-purpose yards (1,800 rushing) last year with 22 TD's. He also recorded 85 total tackles (35 solo) from the LB spot.

He is listed as a "verbal" to Ole Miss, but he was at LSU's Junior day and his comments were that he was blown away by his visit and he's really excited that Miles told him he wants to try him out at running back (which sounds like the position Ridley prefers). He also said that he gave Ole Miss his verbal because they were the only program that had offered him--but that he has been a big Tiger fan (guess he didn't realize that top recruits do get more offers as the recruiting period goes along).

Ridley mentioned that Miles stated that he wants to take advantage of Ridley's abilities (the all-purpose yard stuff) and I'm guessing using him as a possible 3rd down back/pass catcher early on in his career.

I would imagine that if we landed Ridley, he would be our only running back for 2007 being AB will be a Sr. in '07, KW, RJ Jackson and Antonio Robinson will be Soph's and Scott and Murphy will likely be RS-Freshmen.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

5. philter

philter Founding Member

scout story

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

cool...I wasn't aware of anything said on Scout.com. Thanks for the info.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not surprising from a relative of DD. I'm not sure if its in the article posted but I was in "The Bridge" today and "word" is he committed early because he didn't want to go through the hassle of recruiting etc.