CBS onscreen Ads

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J from Iowa, Sep 17, 2006.

1. J from Iowa

J from Iowa Founding Member

Something disturbing happened during the coverage of the LSU - Auburn game and no it wasn't us not being able to run or bad calls by the ref. When CBS added the projected "first down" line that most networks are using via computer they also decided to add some advertising from Ruby Tuesday resturaunt on the screen. Lets just say that it was not subtle at all. As a matter of fact, it was very distracting.

Please join me in voicing your displeasure at this situation by sounding off at the following websites. That is, if you give a damn. If you don't, that sucks but maybe you can pretend and help me in my quest anyway...

Thanks

http://www.cbs.com/#

http://www.rubytuesday.com/contact.asp

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i liked it. i hope i never see game without it.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

How refreshing, the capitalist reflected.... :hihi:

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Honesty, the first down ad didn't bother me that much. I'm just glad they didn't do like JP did last year and had the "purple pill" first down line. Purple is a horrible color to see on a green field as the first down marker for the ENTIRE game.

5. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I hated that Ruby Tuesday first down line and I work in advertising. There are better ways to get your message out there than making football fans angry.

6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Wow...something else for people to complain about. Do u think the players saw it on the field and got distracted?? Maybe we can blame the loss on that. Dont take this seriously...but there has got to be something better to gripe about that we havent already heard in the last 2 days.

Anyways...i do feel a lot better getting that off my chest. Just remember...this was only the third game of the year...got 9 more left...one saturday at a time (except for the arkansas game...its a thursday)

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Who gives a royal ****. I have other more important thigns that I have coronaries over, not the "Ruby Tuesday" ad that displays for megasecond of the game...

Networks have to make these broadcasts as profitable as possible or we don't see them. If it helps their bottom line to add those ads, who cares...