CBS passes on LSU-Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

CBS announced their TV schedule for SEC football. They did not take the LSU vs Auburn game. The game is not scheduled right now for ESPN either. I hope that ESPN or ESPN2 will pick the game up as a night game. I would hate for such a big game to be stuck in the Jefferson Pilot 11:30 AM slot.

2. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

That would blow.

3. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Don't sweat it Randy. This is a tentative schedule & was just released yesterday. Now that CBS has its schedule in place, ESPN can now begin to fill out their schedule. Our games with both UT & Auburn will be ESPN night games(bank on it). Looks like we won't have a day game in TS until 10/15 against Florida. CBS passed on the Auburn game because that would have had them in BR on consecutive weekends & they try hard not to do that. This is going to be a great year for Tiger fans the way the TV schedule is playing out.

4. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I thought CBS waited until something like the week before the games (maybe 2 weeks) to make the decision on which SEC game to air. After CBS picked, then came the ESPN's and then JP.

I really doubt that if that game was passed on by CBS that ESPN, traditionally the network to air the game, would air a different game.

5. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

CBS released their tentative SEC TV schedule yesterday. I don't have the link, but you can go to cbs.sportsline.com & click on college football, then click on the TV schedule.

6. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

They still have the option to change it, if a team gets hot or one fades. They want the marquee games with the next best game going to ESPN.

Hate to hear this about the Auburn game. LSU is hell on night games. But our Tigers are bad, day or night.

Can't wait.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If my memory serves me correct, I think CBS has to commit to which game they are going to broadcast approximately two weeks prior to the game. In our case, if they don't pick one of our games then we are free to negotiate w/ESPN, etc. I also think that's why there are gaps in ESPN's Saturday evening line up. They want CBS to decide and then they will move accordingly. If you look at the ESPN schedule for 10-22 there is no prime time game posted. Odds are that game will be a prime time game on ESPN.

8. Soap

Soap Founding Member

CBS has until either the monday or tuesday after the game to pick their game for the next saturday.

9. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

2003 National Champs vs. an undefeated 2004 team...

...no way that's on JP Sports.

10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

That game will definitely be on ESPN.