CBS passes on LSU-Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Jun 16, 2005.

1. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

There is no such rule as far as the CBS contract goes. They get to pick first in most instances with ESPN getting to select about 2 games per year ahead of CBS. Unless it's changed since yesterday, the only games slated for CBS were the UF & Arkansas games. I cannot access you link at work, so which other game has now been tabbed for CBS(UT or Auburn?)?

3. OpelousasLSUFan

I was not sure if that is true or not...but they do have the LSU @ AL game on 11/12 at 3:30 listed, but they also have the AU @ GA game listed at the same time.

4. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I have never seen them pick all of the lineups this early. In the past they usually do pick a few game early but the rest are slated 2 weeks out (pick Monday for the saturday after next) and have 2 exemptions where they can wait until the Monday the week of the game. Apparently they have listed possible games b/c, as you can see, they have multiple games picked for the same time slots. I have never heard of CBS doing a split telecast. Apparently LSU-FLA and ARK-LSU are definites and LSU-BAMA is a maybe. What is BS is that FLA is guaranteed to be on at least 4 times and one option. BAMA is guaranteed to be on 3x with 3 more options. That's okay, more night games for us.

5. OpelousasLSUFan

I wish they would not take any of our game and they would all go to ESPN or ESPN2. Day games suck and it just does not seem right to play football in TS durning the day. Day games cut into my tailgating time.

6. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

My bad, I thought you were talking about a home SEC game. The game at Bama will depend on how the season has unfolded to that point. I say let AU & UGA have the CBS game & I listen to Ron Franklin & Co. call our game.

7. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

No, the rule is that the SEC schools are under contract to play at least one JP game (11:00 CST strating time) each season. They can turn down the early starting time once they play one. That is why the late season JP games are Vandy-UK instead of UGA-Auburn. Also, CBS has first choice of SEC games throught the season, followed by ESPN, ESPN2 and then JP.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Did LSU play any Jefferson Pilot games during the '03 season? I don't think that we did.

I know we played a MSU on JP last year because I had to ESPN Gameplan it.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I seriously doubt the network is going to pass on a prime time slot for a top 10 matchup.