CBS Sports: "Tide's latest national title deserves an asterisk"

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by JohnLSU, Jan 8, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Actually, I came across the article from a thread by a Bama fan titled "YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS BS," where he wrote "I cant believe that CBSportsline would print this.............freaking incredible"

And I saw some posts like:

Well, there it is. I made the comment to the people that I was watching this game with last night that someone was going to come out with a dumba$$ asterisk article/comment with regards to the Colt McCoy injury. You, Mr. Freeman, are a fudging retard.

I've been see'ing these stupid articles all morning. It sucks b/c everyone will have said "Texas would have won" but no one knows if it's really true and now we have to read this crap for the next 10 years.

If I had wrote: "some Bama fans are having a heart attack over this..." instead of "Bama fans having a heart attack over this..." would that have made you feel better?

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Fact is that Colt hasnt faced an SEC defense all season. If he wouldve...he wouldnt have beeen in that game in the first place. Feel bad for the kid...but JJ took a hit vs Bama much worst than that and finished the game. It is what it is...an astrick is just silly.

FWIW...I hate that Bama won but they earned it.

1 person likes this.
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Honestly Big John believe me when I tell you I 'm OK either way. I'm just here for the entertainment value. Explaining how to enjoy yourself after a NC win is not lost on Bama Nation.

However just knowing your deep resentment even at the mention of an asterisk associated with this NC warms the heart.

Now, if I can just get you on the Crimson Bandwagon we'll invite you to the parade.

4. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

ALABAMA....won.....The what if crap is always a lame excuse....I live in Mobile and the gumps will be all strutting but they earned the right!!! Jump on if you like but they beat the team that was on the field :popcorn:

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I've always considered the "asterisk" associated with our last NC a compliment from very, very jealous people.:thumb:.

(Most of whom are from California)

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Sorry, but you have to actually play in the game to talk ****. If Colt McCoy wasn't such a bitch, that little love-tap by a 'Bama defender wouldn't have sidelined him for the game. Maybe next time Colt will wear his big-boy pants.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I was pulling for Texas, I'm no damn Bama fan. However there will not be and shouldn't be an asterisk. Bama won period. Texas lost period. Injuries are part of the game and if you can't survive them you don't deserve to win. If Colt "wussy" McCoy couldn't survive that hit he would never survive an entire season in the SEC. After the Nebraska game Texas should be happy they made it to the Championship game, even if they didn't have the toughness to compete once they got there.

8. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Friends, Bama won it, and won it soundly. The asterisks should be reserved for probations, violations, and sanctions, Even if Colt Mccoy had stayed in the game, there is no way of accurately predicting that his presence was enough to keep Bama at bay. If Brown wants to play the blame game, he should look in the mirror. Having only one star on the field (Mccoy) for the whole season, and a freshman QB that has hardly played all year to back him up, with a running game that was not impressive against Bama doesn't spell victory to me.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If Colt McCoy had stayed in the game, he would have been knocked out later in the game. There was a lot of sand being kicked up on the field and some was bound to get into his vagina sooner or later.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

sour grapes bs