CBS Sports: "Tide's latest national title deserves an asterisk"

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by JohnLSU, Jan 8, 2010.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

exactly this.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

...and they deserve it!

all of this, if, if, if stuff is for losers. colt did get hurt, that's football, and bama did win. no asterisk is needed. they probably would have stepped it up more and hurt him on a different play.

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

Colt Mccoy would have picked apart that gump defense easy. As far as I am concerned, I am just shocked at most of you lsu fans rooting for the gump nation :huh:
    As I would agree by an asterisk next to the gumps gumball! with all the help from zebras, plus trying to take out a qb in the BCSNCG. All things aside, if its not LSU playing in the SEC, then you are not gonna get my vote.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I was pulling strongly for Texass. Nothing anyone saw in the game guarantees that McCoy would have done anything. Bama won and Texass lost. The only asterisk needed is one to denote that this is the 4th in a row won by the SEC.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, folks can say all they want, but when all is said and done, the trophy resides at 'bama...as personally disgusting as that is. It is demeaning to jump on the * bandwagon. If football, thank God, after 60 minutes the team with the most points wins. Period.

hwr

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

First of all I don't know what was suppose to happen on the play that Colt McCoy got hurt.
    But I blamed the UT coaches for putting him in that position.
    I had a feeling it was a Qb draw or something.

I get the point about the asterisk but I'm not sure I agree with it.
    Rohan Davey got hurt when we played U of Tenn in the SEC CG in 03.
    MM came in and won the game, maybe we should have an asterisk by that one also?
    There is a good chance UT with Colt McCoy might have beaten Alabama since they were in the game with a freshman on the field.
    It is pointless, really, we will never know.

This is what happens in college sports, Dixon for Oregon a few years back.
    Alabama was lucky that some of the stupid or aggresive plays he called didn't hurt Bama worse early in this game.
    Alabama was just as lucky that CM got hurt as UT was unlucky.
    That was the most disappointing thing about the game other than Alabama actually winning it!

I use to like Mack Brown but now I don't.
    He should have shut up and showed some class.
    It was obvious that the game would have been different with Colt McCoy in the game.